Monday, July 12, 2010

Man of the House

A few days before David's trip began, I told him (sort of half-joking) that he was going to be the man of the house when Daddy was gone. They thought it was hilarious and Josiah declared that he was going to "always say it is okay to play the Wii - everyday!" I told him that wasn't what it meant - that he was going to have to be an extra help with the little ones if I needed him, and help with some of the extra things that Daddy does. I sort of assumed it went in one ear and out the other - but it really seemed to resonate with him. For one thing, he sat in the front seat of the car with me every day. I very much enjoyed having him up with me - I got to have conversation with him (normally he's in his own world with Jacob in the back). There were other times when Jacob would ask "why" to something, and Josiah would respond "because I'm the man of the house!" It was pretty funny! :)

No comments: