Thursday, July 22, 2010

Exploring...and the Pool too!

Okay, so I'm going to have to backtrack a bit. You know how I hate to blog out of order, but I HAD to make sure I posted about the free queso so ya'll didn't miss it! Now, back to the beginning of our trip!! We got to Beth's house around dinner time on Sunday night. The kids (and moms!) were beyond excited to see each other and we were ready for the fun to begin!

We start off this trip recap with a GLORIOUS picture of Beth & me! :)

On Monday morning, Beth & I got up early to go run. We've both decided that it was time to get back on track with our running schedules, and so this was the week to do it! We signed up to do the Myrtle Beach half-marathon on October 24 and are excited to finally get to do a race TOGETHER! So this was our first training run together for it! :)
Later on in the morning, we headed out to a nature museum and the kids had a GREAT time exploring the trails. Beth & I quickly realized we should NOT have brought our strollers! The trails were more rugged and natural than we thought! :)
At one point on these trails, Harrison was trying to figure out a way to cross the creek without getting wet. Finally he looked up, grabbed onto a tree branch, and said "I saw Scooby Doo and the gang do this so maybe it will work" and tried to swing across. It was hilarious!

Later in the afternoon, we headed up the street to Beth's pool. The girls LOVED wearing their matching bathing suits and were quite the models in the water! These are girls used to having their pictures taken I would say!
Caleb does NOT like being in his float when we're in the big pool. He'd much rather be in my arms - trying to swim like the big kids. But he has FINALLY figured out that he loves his float when he's in the baby pools - because he can walk around! He LOVES that!!! :)

I don't have any pictures of the boys because mine were being quite poorly behaved as I recall. They did put on quite an elaborate jumping competition for us, which we all enjoyed though!
Two of my boys, who shall remain nameless, headed home after the pool and went straight to bed for a much-needed nap. (Did I mention that Jacob woke everyone up at 4:30 am to play this morning? Sigh...may explain some of the bad behavior I witnessed later on...). Harrison was happy to read some of his fabulous PIXAR book to Jacob before naptime.

2 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

wow...that picture is proof our run was hard and HOT! :) we're on our way!!! i really need to get caught up on my blog. :( and the 4:30am wake up call from Jacob was hilarious! Jackson was all in. :)

Courtney said...

yay for running with friends!
and sorry about the trail being more rugged. that's happened to me before, too!