Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The sacrifice was worth it!

I've been wanting to go strawberry picking again to get some more berries for us for the next few weeks. After all, when we went in SC, David got to keep most of them since I could transport them all back with him (lucky duck!) So I was ready for some more fresh ones, and I just REFUSE to buy them in the store during May when I can pick them and get fresher ones for cheaper! Anyways, so we went this afternoon after Jack went home. We started on one row and noticed that the row NEXT to us had LOTS and LOTS of beautiful berries. So we decided to switch rows. Then we found out why no one had picked that row - the first 10 feet of it was totally MUD!!! I decided I couldn't pass it up and tried to sludge through it. Holding Callie of course. Just about totally wiped out and fell on my rear end, but somehow caught myself. But my feet were total casualties. The things you do for berries! :)



2 kids are in bed, and 1 more to go. Then I'm making me some Bisquick shortcakes to have for dessert with my strawberries and watch me some Idol (go Danny and Kris!!!)



5 comments:

Courtney said...

you are INSANE!!! crazy girl, just SIT DOWN!!!

anthonyandbeth said...

you crack me up! i love that you took a picture. just telling us about it would not have been enough! hope you enjoyed your shortcakes! yum! and go Danny and Kris. i'm watching right now...

The Stein Family said...

You're too funny! I love strawberries, could eat them everyday, but this is the first pregnancy that i've had heartburn...it's not too bad, only if I eat certain things and strawberries (and a lot of other fruits) are main culprits! Enjoy some for me :)

Jen said...

Well hope the strawberry shortcake turned out better than idol. I was so disappointed last night. I really wanted to see Danny take it all. At least you had flip flops on - that's a lot easier to clean up!

Heather J said...

Love it - I should have taken a pic of my sandy feet today after Carter played in a sand pit all a.m. - again totally worth it (or was it).... Ahh, AI - I knew my dream of both Danny & Kris in the final was just that -a dream, but I just know Kris is going to kick some Adam tail next week!!!!!! Enjoy your shortcake - we Judds have enjoyed strawberry coffee cake, strawberry pie & strawberry fruit salad over the last 3 days - we're almost 'strawberried out' if that's even possible!!!! ;)