Thursday, May 7, 2009

rain, rain, go away...

So it's been thunderstorms and rain all week long. Literally. And it's supposed to continue until Monday I think. Hasn't been terrible....except for this morning. We went straight to Walmart after dropping Josiah off. I just couldn't put off grocery shopping any longer. We're in "eating everything up" mode around here - trying to empty out my fridge, freezer, and pantry. But it was time for a few fresh things.

So we head into the store - all 3.5 of us - and the kids do unbelievably great shopping. Callie really hates riding in the shopping cart and much prefers to walk. Sometimes she gets to, sometimes she doesn't. Because it was so early and not crowded, she was allowed to walk. (After all, in 3 months, there will be a NEW baby sitting in the cart, so she better get used to it). Anyways, she was perfect - just walked around and showed everyone her marshmallows she was holding.

Then it all goes south. We finish paying for everything and it is a DOWNPOUR outside. Good grief. The kids both had a little umbrella, but I of course had nothing. So out we walk, trying to hold on to both of them, getting totally drenched. Put SOAKING wet groceries into my van, get DRENCHED in the process. Sigh.

Then we come home to unload them...in the pouring rain. Makes me VERY excited about my new garage waiting for me in SC. But on the upside of things, I didn't fall. I can't tell you how many times while pregnant (or while carrying a new baby) I have slipped and fallen in the rain while wearing flip flops. So I made it out alive. Now I get to put wet food away. Yippee!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

that is one of the WORST things! and one of the BEST about having a garage...but you still get soaked at the store loading your car :-)

hope you're dry and can have a more low-key afternoon!!!

are you dreaming about where all your furniture is going to go in that beautiful house?!?

The Stein Family said...

so, maybe I don't miss the rain so much after all! :)

jenn said...

Ugh - How annoying!! I hate grocery shopping when it rains. I am SO over this weather!!!

Jen said...

And then 5 minutes later it was sunny! I think once you go garage, you can never go back - it is my number one non-negotiable now!

anthonyandbeth said...

you are gonna LOVE your new garage. i'm SO glad you didn't fall. that would have been awful!

Tiffany said...

Katy, I can so relate to falling when it rains and when I am pregnant...every time I fall or slip...so glad you didn't though.