Friday, May 8, 2009

It's Really Happening

I spent most of my morning today calling the utility people, the cable people, the water people, the newspaper people, etc - setting up a termination date or disconnection date - for our service to be turned off. Crazy! It's really happening! The saddest was giving the YMCA our 30 day notice. I'm REALLY going to miss that place!

David spent most of HIS morning at the new house with a bunch of inspection people - the home inspector, the termite inspector, the heating & air inspector - and writing lots of big checks! :) All good reports from everyone - hooray! Then he went and toured one of the schools and was going to look at another one this afternoon. Things are happening!

The packers come 2 weeks from today. Yikes! I don't think I'm ready! The reality of it coming so soon is definitely hitting me. I have to drive down for a quick day trip to SC the day before the packers come - one last doctor's appt before I move down there. So I feel like I'm really running out of days. I've gone through all the bathroom cabinets and closets to throw out what can be tossed. I'm trying to get my head straight with the dates/times that I'll need to arrange help with the kids. My head is just spinning!! And I haven't even begun to process how much I'm going to miss all my dear friends here. (Which is probably good for now or else I'd be a total basketcase!!!)

8 comments:

Mandy said...

You know the kids (all of them) are more than welcome to come to our house ANYTIME! Just say when:)

The Stein Family said...

Wish I was closer to help out -- I'm sure it will all go fine though! Good Luck!

Unknown said...

I am here to help! Promise. ANYTIME!

Amy said...

But it's exciting, so exciting to watch totally unexpected things happen in your life and then watch how God has poured out his grace on your lives. That new house of yours is going to be fantastic! Just think of all the room you're going to have and the hours spent in that backyard!! And the new baby that you'll get to bring home to your new house! Don't grow weary, just keep the end in sight. All the work will be over before you know it!! I'm going to specifically pray that God will bring you lots of help as you get settled in SC and that you will quickly form friendships with other families that you can trust to help with your children!

anthonyandbeth said...

it IS really happening! :) glad things went well with the new house today and that David was able to visit schools. fun! has he checked into the Y in SC yet?

i know your gonna miss your sweet friends. i don't know how to help you with that, it is hard. i've been there too many times. :( BUT, you'll remain friends and God will provide new friends too. love you friend!

Jerry Wells said...

When you get moved check out the Lexington Family YMCA. They have lots of things going on. They have a small wellness center now, but are suppose to start building a new one next year. This is in a country sitting with horse back riding, a small lake with swimming-paddle boats-canoes, and lots of other activities.

Tiffany said...

Katy, I know it is all so over whelming but wow will it ever be so great to be back with your hubby...it has been awesome to watch God's plan and everything fall into place for y'all.

Heidi said...

You better call if you need help girl!!!! I'm here for you!!!