Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What I'm Most Thankful for Today....

...is my garage! Okay, so it's probably not what I'm MOST thankful for, but it's pretty high up there today! You see, it's been cold and RAINY all day today (it started when I was 2 miles into a 6 mile run)...not just a light sprinkly rain either. DOWNpours at times! For the first 11 years that we were married, we didn't have a garage. Our last house in VA had a converted garage - the previous owners had fully converted it into an office, which was nice for us for the space, but not so much for a garage. Everytime it rained and I was carrying in groceries or children or both, I always thought about how nice it would be to have a garage, just drive in and everything stays dry. So now that I HAVE that, I am EXTREMELY thankful for it today!

3 comments:

Judy said...

I feel the same way about my garage! You don't realize what a treasure it is until you've lived without one. Our last house had a one car garage, but it was so small on difficult to angle the car into that we couldn't get my car in there if we wanted to. I will never forget all the mornings I had to drive Emma to the bus stop because it was too cold and I had to load up 5 kids in the freezing cold just to do it. Not to mention the rain. Oh so thankful for a garage!

anthonyandbeth said...

AMEN!

sandi said...

i second beth's amen and amen! i love backing in and unloading the groceries without getting wet, or hot or cold. it's the small things!