Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Letter

There was a hand-addressed letter that came in the mail yesterday. I didn't recognize the name, but it was personally addressed to our family. It was postmarked Belize. Again, very strange. The only international letters that we get are from our child that we sponsor through Compassion - but those come on Compassion stationary - not regular white envelopes. When I opened it up and started reading the first lines, I got very choked up when I saw who it was from:

It was from the mother of a 1 1/2 year old little girl that received one of the Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes that we sent! I was totally overwhelmed. I gave to Josiah to read, and his face lit up when he realized who it was from. The most amazing thing. To think that a shoebox that my kids packed and sent halfway across the world landed in this little girl's hands...and her mom wanted to take the time to write a letter telling us thank you. That even though the shoes inside were a little bit big, she wears them all over the house (sounds just like Callie!) That the stickers we sent are on most of their walls :) That she wakes up the family by blowing her little plastic whistle. I was the one blessed by this project. So blessed. Makes me excited to keep on filling up our bags for next year's shoeboxes!!!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Oh my goodness...that made me cry and motivated me to continue collecting for our boxes!!! Thank you so much for sharing.

anthonyandbeth said...

That's awesome!