Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Blessings

I posted several months ago another song called "Grace" by Laura Story. I promised that if you took the time to listen, it would speak truth into your heart. Here's another song by the same artist. I met her last August at the music conference we went to in Spartanburg. She is the real deal. She and her husband have been married only a few years and he is fighting for his life from a brain cancer that is real and is not going away. A friend sent me this link and I LOVED it - it's the title track off her newest album and you are going to LOVE it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CSVqHcdhXQ

So often, we think of blessings in terms of health, prosperity - those things that we pray for. Yet what if that cancer doesn't go away? What if we aren't given those things that we pray for when we pray for them? Does that mean He's not blessing us? Perhaps not - maybe it's our perspective. Listen to this song - you're going to love it!

What if Your blessings come through raindrops?
What if the thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You are near?

2 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

love, love, love this song. i just keep playing it over and over and over. i forgot you met her. very cool!

Courtney said...

LOVe this song! thanks for sending it to me! my dad sent it to me DURING that weekend that i was away...so it means a LOT to me!