Friday, October 22, 2010

Girls (I mean Race) Weekend!!

On Friday afternoon, I hit the road and headed to Myrtle Beach! I had all my ducks in a row at home and so I was SO excited to leave, quite frankly! Beth & I planned to run in this race way back at the beginning of the summer...and actually we've been talking about doing this for a couple of years. Finally everything seemed to line up (which means no one was pregnant or nursing a baby) for us to run a half-marathon together - and this was the weekend! :)

We picked the race because it worked for us schedule-wise, was close to both of us (a 3 hour drive for each of us), and was a flat, fast course! :) Neither one of us are hill runners - we like flat! :) We set up our training schedule back in July when I visited her, and have trained together this whole time. And now our race weekend was finally here!!!

I got to our hotel about 30 minutes before Beth. Our room was on the very top floor, and had an ocean view. It was beautiful! :) And oh - no pack and plays anywhere, no action figures or strollers anywhere to be seen! Yahoo!
As I was standing out on the balcony looking at the ocean, Beth called! After telling her where to park, I looked down and waved to her! :)
We checked in with our families, said hello, and then got to choose our dinner location! We ended up going to Logan's Steakhouse (after a lONG discussion trying to remember the different between Lone Star Steakhouse, Texas Steakhouse, Texas Roadhouse Steakhouse, Logan's Steakhouse...good grief! They all should just be the same restaurant...) We had a great dinner....it was nice and relaxed. We had nowhere we had to be, no children that were bored with their kids menu - just us!

It was such a treat just to linger and talk and take our time. We never get to do that! It was SUCH a great way to start the weekend. We talked about our plan for Saturday - the race events would begin and we were getting excited! :)

2 comments:

sandi said...

oh how i have missed hearing beth sing! glad you two got to spend some time together.

p.s. the first thought that popped into my head was "wow, what a neat, clean uncluttered room"

anthonyandbeth said...

how much fun we had! and i loved being able to just sit and ENJOY our meals!!! what a treat! this weekend meant so much to me and i will treasure it for a LONG time. :) love you!