Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Whole Decade!!

 Wow.  10 years old.  Happy Birthday Josiah!  
 This kid loves traditions as much as I do...and I LOVE that!  So of course its breakfast donuts first!  (Notice he's wearing his TNT shirt?  His birthday fell on a Wednesday this year (not an ideal day in our family).  He was a little sad/concerned that our Wednesday activities would edge out his birthday but I assured him that it would work out.  He decided to wear his TNT shirt so that he didn't have to change later for AWANA..thereby saving more time for birthday celebration.  Smart kid, right?

 Caleb, Judah and I went and had lunch with him and brought him his favorite sub from Firehouse (Club on a Sub - my favorite too except he gets his plain!).  Love the free subs on your birthday!
 He was so excited when he came home from school and discovered that David had come home early so that we could celebrate his birthday before choir practice/AWANA!  :)
 I found this set of football guys where you can line up the players and practice plays and formations and things.  The kids love it!

 That's quite a thank you between brothers! (The football guys were "from" Jacob)

 USC Pajama pants "from" Callie

 USC football "from" Caleb
 and....drumroll please...a Carolina jersey from mom and dad!  He was SO excited!  He's been asking for one for the last two years.  And I had to go to the Garnet & Black store, because the replicas that are all over town would never have worked for this kid!
Happy Birthday Josiah!  I am so proud of the man that you are growing up to be.  You are so thoughtful and sensitive and smart - God has given you some amazing abilities and talents that He wants to use for HIS glory.  I pray that you will always keep a teachable spirit and use your leadership skills for good!  I love you SO much and am so thankful that God gave you to Daddy and me ten years ago.  You were the first person to ever call me Mommy - and that is a priceless gift!

No comments: