Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Day at the Zoo...with ALL the kids!

After going to vote (YES, I took all 5 kids with me - felt like it was important for them to see the process and be a part of it - and it only took us about 40 minutes!!  We did our part!), we headed off to the zoo for a fun day.  The kids had off school and I wanted to spend the day enjoying them...not just doing chores or crossing things off my list.  So off we went.  I was a little worried that it was going to be super crowded since all the schools were closed.  But it was practically empty - we loved it!  :)


 Fed the giraffes....several times....because there was no one else there!


the big boys climbed the rock wall while the little ones rode the carousel
 Saw the two grizzly bears just hanging out :)
 Judah was a champ.  I had him all wrapped up - it was chillier than I thought it was going to be (hence the sweatshirts we all were wearing).  The kids were fine...it was a little nippy when it was time for me to nurse Judah, but we made it :)
 Caught them all looking through magazines/toy catalogs that have started coming in the mail in full force!!
 David was on bath duty...this is not usually how I give him a bath...like he's a surfer or something!  Whatever works - I appreciate a husband who helps so I won't complain!!
 Perhaps Judah noticed that Daddy was doing the bath a little...differently...than Mom!
We let the boys stay up a little bit with us to watch the election results.  They had a map that they were coloring in red/blue states.  As more blue states started rolling in, we all got sad and went to bed.  :( Thankful that the God I serve is more powerful than any president that is elected!!

No comments: