Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Date Night with Jacob

Since Josiah was at his friend's house last night, Jacob and I got to have a date night ourselves! We had a great time! He's the middle child right now - sandwiched between Josiah and Callie. Most of the time, if Josiah is around, then Jacob is right beside him...it doesn't matter WHO else is in the room. So I relish my time alone with him...because I don't often get it.

I don't have any pictures because I didn't want to leave his side. He had my full, undivided attention (something that's unfortunately rare...). We all ate our dinner (it's surprising how little food the 3 of us ate without David and Josiah there!), then after bath time, Callie was in bed. Jacob got to choose the movie (he picked Homeward Bound II), and our snacks for the evening. We enjoyed ice cream on the couch (something you don't think about a 4 year old not being able to do, but I helped him...) and hot chocolate (he always requests this...it doesn't matter that it's 90 degrees outside...) during the movie. We were going to have popcorn, but ran out of time!! :) I loved watching the movie with him because he's my physical touch boy - so he was all cuddled up with me the whole time, or would put his arm around my neck. He's quite the love.

I had told him that he could sleep in my bed last night, which he was VERY excited about. And believe it or not, we had a great night sleep! (I can't tell you the last time I was in bed at 8:45 pm - it was GREAT!) It was a GREAT date! :)

7 comments:

Judy said...

Awww...so sweet!

Jen said...

What a special time with your little man!

anthonyandbeth said...

this is precious Katy! i love that you two had a date night together. i bet it made an impact on him too! i loved letting Harrison sleep with me sometimes when Anthony was away. what a special night for you two!!

Heather J said...

sounds like a fun nite and that Jacob loved the special time

Tiffany said...

How awesome Katy....what a special night. I know he was just soaking it all up and Mommy too:)

Courtney said...

wow. sounds perfect!!! how special!

Heidi said...

It's always a treat to sneak away with one at a time. They cherish it more than ever. So glad you got that time with just Jacob!