Friday, April 17, 2009

Belly Picture - 25 weeks


How do you like the belly picture for this week? Ridiculous isn't it? David mowed our yard right before he left 2 weeks ago, and it dawned on me that I was going to have to figure out some way of getting it cut and looking good. especially with it being on the market. I was planning on finding a neighbor boy to do it for me, since I knew I wouldn't do a great job at it. Well, once we got the offer on the house, it took a bit of the pressure for it to look perfect off, and I figured I'd give it a try.
The boys laughed at me as it took me forever to get it started, but I got the job done. It's not perfect. I didn't edge it. I didn't do nice long beautiful lines. But it's cut. Reminded me of when David was out of town for 2 weeks in the summer about 2 years ago. I remember posting about what a hard time I had cutting the lawn then. Well, add an extra kid into the equation AND the fact that I'm a big ole' pregnant woman, and I'm sure I was quite a sight. I'm just not a yard girl. I have a few friends who just LOVE mowing their lawn (SUE!!!)...I'm just not one of them. I love when DAVID mows it.
But we made it through! Success!!

7 comments:

The Schaper Scene said...

I am not a yard girl either! I love it when Steve is home to take care of the yard work. During Steve's first deployment, I had to mow the lawn up until a week before Kylea was born. Not fun!

Courtney said...

wow!!! impressive!!! :-)

Judy said...

I'm a yard girl, but I don't do it all fancy like Ryan does. I'm so glad the house has sold so you don't have to worry about it looking great!

Heather J said...

When I was mowing my yard a few weeks ago I thought about you most of the time, thinking- I sure hope Katy doesn't have to do this! Those things are tough to crank and 'whew' it's a workout too!!!! Just be careful!!!!

dandsratz said...

Katy!!! I am laughing my head off!!! YOU CALL ME NEXT WEEK and I will come cut your grass!! You can sit there and hold Madie and drink some lemonade and watch me!!! You crazy prego woman!!! :) You know I love you! :)

Unknown said...

Oh the things we do when are husbands are away. I think there were a few times when Dave begged me to mow my lawn, because I was doing such a horrible job. Renee actually DID hijack my mower and do it for me once. ROCK ON KATY! That is awesome!

anthonyandbeth said...

you are the cutest! like i said, you KNOW that if it was one of us out there mowing in the same prego condition you would have a fit and be giving us a lecture about how we shouldn't be doing it and should be resting or something. i guess the same rules don't apply to you! :) i'd tell you to stop if i thought there was a slight chance you would but i know how determined you are. so i guess i'll just tell you to be careful and take it easy any little chance you get. :)