Friday, April 24, 2009

A BEAUTIFUL morning!

We're in for a gorgeous weekend - supposed to be pretty warm, but we're going to try to spend most of it in water, so we should be good! :) Today started out nice and sunny. it continues to make me SO happy not to have to be washing breakfast dishes and making bunk beds before dropping Josiah off at school in the morning! :)

We went to the gym after drop-off, and I ran 3 miles again! It's been a while - I took a break for several days after my last disastrous run, and I think it paid off. I still had to stop and walk for 2 minutes twice during my run, but it actually felt pretty good. The soreness is kicked up when it's finished, but it was nice. I'm relieved. I've been trying to get to bed a little earlier at night since the days are so long and full, and I think that has helped. I'm not ready to say goodbye to running yet...even if I am slow! I had to run in a regular tshirt though (a big running no-no). My "real" running clothes and tanks just aren't decent on my big ole' pregnant self anymore!!!

After getting home, I was able to take inventory of everything that's in my freezer. Since we've got about 5 weeks left before the movers come, I figured I'd better start eating everything up. Got all that organized and squared away, even made some juice popsicles for when the kids wake up from naptime.

AND, I had an HGTV angel show up at my house today!! Kristina's husband, Steve, came over to solve my edging woes!!! I would have taken a picture, but I'm sure he would have died. He ABOUT died when he saw the state of the spool in my edger. Of course I had it all messed up...I believe his exact words were "yeah, this is pretty jacked up...." Hilarious. So he fixed it for me and edged the back - so now it looks GREAT!!! Thanks Steve & Kristina - for being a HUGE blessing to me today!

Josiah went home with Jake after school today. His mom asked if he could spend the night so the boys could have some fun play time together. I have to admit - I was a little nervous. I'm not sure why - he has spent the night with people when we've had to travel or something. But to have an official "sleepover" - just made me feel like he was growing up! Josiah was SO excited...was very excited to play Star Wars with jake - they are definite jedi buddies! We'll pick him back up in the morning.

Jacob is excited to have a Jacob night tonight - where he gets to pick everything we do. Should be fun for sure! :)

I have big plans now during naptime to fold laundry...but in the peace and quiet and without kids messing up my piles! :)

5 comments:

Courtney said...

good for you for getting to bed a little earlier! and so glad you could get a "good" run in - i know "good" is relative these days...

we still haven't done a sleepover. i can't take it yet...

i'm folding laundry too! :-)

Judy said...

I'm so glad you had a peaceful morning! It's gorgeous here too! I can't wait to post some pictures of what we did!
Yay for great friends who edge for you! I've seen Ryan restring our weedeater and I could never figure it out! I can't ever get the thing started either. I've tried and one time even had my neighbor start it for me so I could do some edging and then I let go of the throttle and it died and I was not about to ask my neighbor for help again (it was during "fireworks season" which is sneaking up on us again ((sigh)).

The Stein Family said...

It's always the little things that seem to make the biggest differences, isn't it?! Sounds like you're getting the hang of this 'single parenting' thing... not that we all don't prefer to have our husbands home with us, but it's always nice when you find your groove!

anthonyandbeth said...

how wonderful for the HGTV angel to come by to fix the egder AND edge the yard!

and glad you got a run in that felt good! i bet that was encouraging! :)

Mandy said...

Katy, I was nervous too:) It was Jake's first time having someone sleepover too:) They both had a great time and I think it went well. It was definitely a special thing since y'all will be moving to South Carolina soon. Sadie cried when Josiah left this morning...she just couldn't get over it! Maybe we can do it one more time before y'all move...the boys have a few more levels to finish on Lego Star Wars ;) lol!