Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Girls Night Out!

On Tuesday, Courtney called to congratulate me on the house and asked if I wanted to go have dinner with her on Wednesday night. I said absolutely - yes!! After all, I'm at Tutu's house - the world's BEST babysitter!! So I got Callie in bed and left 2 very excited boys with my Mom and headed to Cheesecake Factory! I was thrilled to have a "grown-up" night - as I won't be getting many of these for the next little bit, and every more thrilled to have a few extra hours with Courtney - withOUT children on our laps...or anywhere near us! :) When I got there, she surprised me by saying that our friend Jenny (for those of you blog-readers, she's "Jenn" on my list. She "changed" her name when she left for college, but I never stopped calling her Jenny!) was going to be joining us!!! I was SO excited! She just had a baby on March 31, so I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to see her on this visit. You know....it's not nice to barge in on people that are still recovering from a c-section just because you're in town....but I SO wanted to see her and her little cutie pie!!

It was a great evening! Jenny brought Adalyn (of course - she was not even 2 weeks old...hello), and they BOTH looked incredible. We got to all catch up with each other, and remember memories from way back. We had this wonderful plan in high school that we'd all live in the same cul-de-sac when we grew up with underground tunnels connecting our houses. Of course, that hasn't exactly worked out (at least not yet!) - in fact, in a few months, we'll live in 3 different states! But we've kept in touch, and the blogging underground tunnel system has worked wonders too! :)

These girls are dear friends - there is so much history there between us - and 10 kids now - so it was a WONDERFUL girls night out. And besides - it was Cheesecake Factory! How can you go wrong? :)

PS - By the way, Courtney & Jenny both posted on their blogs about our girls night. There's some pretty hilarious pictures on their blogs about the "way back when" days for those of you that want a good laugh!!!

This was Adalyn's first girls' night! She slept through the whole thing (sorry Jenny!). Look at all her hair - isn't she a BEAUTY?


Courtney and Jenny ordered the EXACT same thing. Same salad, without the same things, and dressing on the side! Crazy, huh?

4 comments:

Courtney said...

that was such a fun night!!! love your pics! thanks for giving up more of your precious time!!!

Judy said...

Absolutely hilarious that you wanted to live in the same cul-de-sac with tunnels connecting your houses! That totally made me LOL!

jenn said...

LOVED seeing you girls! :) And I'm not giving up our "tunnel" dream!! XOXO

anthonyandbeth said...

what a wonderful time spend with such dear friends! can you imagine how much your kids would enjoy those tunnels if you could figure out a way to make it work. :) girls night out AND cheesecake factory??? what a treat!!! you deserved it too! :)