Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm not as good as I thought I was....

I decided to mow the lawn again today. We've had so much rain that it had grown a ridiculous amount in just a week. But more than that, it's supposed to be super hot this weekend, and I figured it wouldn't be that smart of me to try and do it in the heat like that. So the mowing went fine. Felt good to be outside. And kids were napping, so it was sort of peaceful. ALMOST enjoyed it. (I didn't, but I almost did). Even did the weeds in the front flower bed (I saw that loosely because there's not actually any flowers...) Then tonight, the kids and I headed to Lowe's to buy another spool of the wire "thing" that goes in the edger...we had run out. got home and pulled out the edger to edge the lawn (remember I didn't do it last week). it's been driving me nuts. I finally had to pack it up and give up after 30 minutes. Could not get the spool thing threaded the right away. Oh well. Sorry future buyer. I tried my best to keep the yard from looking totally scary. Guess you'll have to live without it being edged!!!

2 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

i KNOW i'm not that good. anthony even can get frustrated with the edger. he's cut through two extension cords with it. i'm sure the buyers will get over it. the yard will be all theirs in no time and they can edge to their hearts content! :)

you amaze me still that you are doing all this "extra" stuff along with taking care of the kids on your own. you are going above and beyond that is for sure.

Heidi said...

You go girl!! I love mowing the grass and will be waiting for when you tell me that you love it too!!:)