Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Sweet Callie!

My baby girl is growing up so fast. She celebrated her 2nd birthday this last week, and I can hardly believe it. We had lots of special celebrations together as a family while David was off, and she LOVED being the center of attention! She LOVED the birthday song (added the "cha cha cha" part if we forgot it...where did she learn that?) and was our FIRST child to actually be able to blow out her own candles at age 2!!! She is adding to her vocabulary daily it seems, but she says "yoda" very clearly! (Poor baby girl - her brothers have ruined her!) She is VERY tough and can definitely hang with the boys. Not much rattles her. However, she is VERY much a girly girl too. LOVES lotion, "pretty" things, playing with her babies and purses, etc. It's amazing to see how different she plays with things. She exclaims over things like the boys didn't. Very much a mini-me. She is definitely our cuddler - along with Jacob, but she is more "attached" to me than they were. Loves to be held to see what I'm doing, etc. Tries to "help". Has figured out how to push the chairs over to the counter so she can climb up and get to what she "needs" on the countertops. She also has become obsessed with taking her clothes off as well as her diaper. David keeps telling me just to potty train her already, but I don't think I can handle one more thing quite yet!

She really is a joy though. Her blonde curls still crack me up, and I am SO very thankful for my precious Callie Elizabeth. We were at the waterpark for her birthday, so our pictures are sort of all over the place!

We had donuts for breakfast, of course!
I had the boys there to help with blowing out the candles, but she didn't need any help!

By cake time that night, she had the candles part down pat! She had lemon cake with cream cheese frosting. Yummy! Cake isn't her SUPER favorite - she doesn't like chocolate anything. Probably would say ice cream is her favorite dessert, but that doesn't transport well! :) She liked the frosting & sprinkles though.


She definitely liked opening her presents!


IMMEDIATELY trying on the shoes that Aunt Kelli sent her. The girl LOVES shoes. And has been taking them off and putting them on all by herself for 6 months now!

My Mom got her a Baby Alive doll - you know, the one that REALLY drinks and wets? I haven't told the kids about that part. But the doll is also a "make me better" doll or something, so she came with a little nose aspirator, a medicine spoon where the medicine "disappears", and a thermometer. Callie loved it!

My dad sent some really cute clothes - and Callie exclaimed over each one! She likes pretty things! This is a cute t-shirt with flip-flops on it!

Another cute shirt from Gramps.

Gramps sent a doctor's kit too, which Jacob was wanting to try out too. Especially since he goes with me to all my doctor's appointments. Poor kid!
Taking care of her new baby.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

she is looking so BIG!

Judy said...

Oh Katy - I love her hair! I can't wait to be able to do little girl hair!
It looks like she grew up overnight. I guess that's what happens when you turn 2. She just seems so big! She's going to be a great big sister!
Happy Birthday Callie!

The Stein Family said...

2 already?! Happy birthday Callie! (I waited a while before telling clara about the bodily functions of her doll too...I wasn't crazy about her playing with a doll on the potty for the sake of cleanliness. Eventually as a desperate plea for potty training though, I showed her. I can' say it made much difference, she still took her time learning. She now thinks we should show Jonathan, Once again I'm holding off!)

Natalie said...

Happy Happy Birthday dear Callie! We love you:)

Tiffany said...

KAty, I can't beleive Callie is 2 already...where does the time go? Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!!

Heidi said...

I've never met you before (i'm a good friend of Judy's)but had to leave a comment. I chuckled the whole time I read your post. Our daughters seem SO similar- can hang with their bro's, but love all the girly things. It seems like their bdays are even close- Addie's was March 29th, but I haven't got the post up yet. It seems like they could be good friends, to bad many miles seperate them.

Hopefully I'm not sounding like a complete whack job. You can check with Judy that I'm not. :)

Just wanted you to know I'm praying for you and your family during this transition time. You even helped spark the thought of running a 5K in me. My first race is April 25!

Heidi