Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A LOT of fun for a school night!

Mostly the fun was the kids. I was plain exhausted at the end of it all. But it wasn't horrible. I was just worn out I suppose after a very full day.

Our Chick-fil-A had a Star Wars costume night - free ice cream & toppings to anyone coming in a Star Wars costume. Well that was right up our alley! They had legos all over for the kids to build their own ships, coloring pages and stickers, and even these cool masks that the kids could make. They loved it!
Jacob came as Darth Vader, and made a Storm Trooper mask.

Josiah was Obi Wan Kenobi and made a Kit Fisto mask (I don't even really know who that is...)

Then after we left Chick-fil-A, we headed to the Skating Rink because the school was having a fundraiser family skate night. I had signed up and bought tickets weeks ago (probably before I thought through the fact that David would already be GONE), so off we headed. Kids enjoyed it, but again, I was worn out! Josiah's in REAL skates now, and it frustrated him that it's harder for him (the click plastic skates were so easy...he's such a perfectionist). Jacob started in real skates, but I demoted him to the click ones right away. I physically could not hold the both of them up, and keep Callie together as well. My toe (which I had run over with the vacuum and created blood all over my foot the day before) got smashed over a few times, which wasn't great. And more than once I had to say "whoever is pulling on my pants - stop it! you're going to make my pants fall down". What a night!

This is Josiah waving for me to come closer to him. I'm telling you - the kid does not like to take any chances! :)

Amy took pity on me with the three of them and took Callie for a little skate around...

Josiah and Jacob taking their last skate around...with Josiah CLUTCHING the wall!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

good GRIEF! you need to SLOW DOWN and TAKE IT EASY! ( i know...i don't do it well either...)

Natalie said...

Goodness woman! You are super mom!!! I bet you were worn out but looks like the kids had a ball:)

anthonyandbeth said...

star wars at CFA IS right up your family's alley! :) glad you got to take part. the boys look so cute in their skates. :)

Tiffany said...

Katy this post cracks me up about the pants comment.....don't you just love it when things are in a "trying to keep up mode" and you feel like your clothes are coming off too....gotta laugh about those moments though....

Heather J said...

ooh, I can't let Anderson see the Star Wars pics! I can just see you now with Callie pulling down your britches and you supporting Jacob & Josiah physically - and you are going to add another one to the mix!!! at least you'll have David to help then!!!

The Stein Family said...

Look at Callie on those skates -- that girl is not afraid of anything is she?!

Jen said...

Star Wars night is right up your ally!