Wednesday, May 30, 2012

AWANA Awards

Another great year wrapped up of AWANA!  I grew up with this program and can't say enough GREAT things about it.  I still remember Scripture verses I learned through AWANA and think it is an awesome way for kids to memorize God's Word!  This year, we had a Puggle, a Cubbie, a Sparkie, and a TNT - one kid in each level of AWANA!  :)


 The Sparkies sang their theme song - which I remembered EVERY single word to - thank you very much!!!


So proud of all of our kids for receiving their book completion awards - keep hiding God's Word in your hearts!!

PS - Pastor Rocky spoke for a few minutes before they started handing out the awards.  One of the things he mentioned was how important it is to keep reading God's Word and memorizing what it says.  He was encouraging the kids to stay in the Word even though AWANA is over for the summer.  As we were driving home from church later on that night (at around 10 pm!!!), Callie says to me "Mom, will you please continue to read the Bible to me at night?"  :)  Absolutely sweet girl.  I texted Pastor Rocky the next morning and thanked him for what he said and assured him that my 5 year old was paying very close attention!  :)



No comments: