Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat!

After the fall festival was over at 6 pm, we came home, Josiah changed costumes :), and then David headed out with the kids to go trick or treating in our neighborhood. They had a great time! And I learned that I could nurse a baby AND hand out candy at the same time! :)
Josiah is Wolverine...hence the "claws" in his pose....
Caleb even had a little pumpkin sleeper that someone had given me....he was CUTE! :)
Look who ELSE came in my house during trick or treating? Totally freaked me out. And it happened TWICE!!! We have lots of little tree frogs around, and alot of them climb all over our door and our porch at night...well, apparently they saw the light inside and came on in when I opened the door to hand out candy! The first time, I stayed calm and trapped him under a cup and ushed him out. The second time, I got my camera, took a picture, and ALMOST called David and told him to come home and deal with it! I held it together and got it out. Gross!

This was my favorite part of Halloween when I was a kid - my sisters and I would all get home and then "sort" all our candy. The boys LOVED it this year and Jacob got to give away all his candy with nuts in it (he hates NUTS of any kind...even in candy). And for the record, I only got 2 Baby Ruths from the candy pile this year...at least it's better than last year when I got NONE! :)

4 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

i think it's hilarious that Josiah had a costume change! maybe theater in his future??? :) i'm sure they kids loved every minute of trick or treating too! looks like that got some good stuff!

Annelise & Ethan said...

What great loot! I would have been freaked out by the frog ;)

jenn said...

cutie trick-or-treaters :)

The Stein Family said...

Wow -- they sure collected a bunch of candy -- Looks like they had a great time!