Monday, July 13, 2009

You can tell it's my 4th...

....and not my first baby, because I'm 2 1/2 weeks away from my due date and...


* I JUST dropped off my hospital preregistration form today. I think I was registered with Josiah by the time I had my 20 week ultrasound!

* Haven't washed a stitch of baby clothes yet. Haven't even pulled most of them out of the tub!

* FINALLY decided (we think...) on a name. Caleb Isaac - totally love it (and Josiah has finally relented...). Caleb means Faithful - does that sum up the last 9 months of our life or what? God has CERTAINLY been faithful! And of course Isaac means laughter! Josiah, Jacob, Callie, & Caleb. It just FITS!

* Just painted the baby's room this weekend.

* Called the hospital today about tours....since we're new here, I don't even have a clue WHERE L&D is, or where we'd park, etc, etc.

* Still don't really have a "plan"...you know, what to do with the kids when I go into labor, what happens if it's in the middle of the night, what happens if it happens on Sunday or Wednesday when David is unavailable, etc, etc.

But hey! We're getting there. Getting very excited about it all. Still think I'll be late like I was with the other three. The kids will even tell you - "our baby is going to be born when it's August. The doctor thinks it will be July 30, but he's always wrong". So funny. I am tired, for sure. Definitely waddling. Alien movement in my stomach is totally hilarious. My feet have started to swell I think a bit - my flip flops feel tighter than they used to. But we're getting there! I'll be 38 weeks this week and have an appointment on Friday. We'll see what they say!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

LOVE the name!!! Caleb! just LOVE it! it's PERFECT!!

Jen said...

I knew it would be Caleb - it just fits! Can't wait to see pics of him in July or August!!!!

the mccollums... said...

I love the name!! Can't wait for him to get here...but I might have to wait until we get to Malawi to see pics as he is expected to arrive in August! Not too many more weeks to go!

jenn said...

Perfect name for a perfect baby! :) Can't believe he will be here SO SOON! YAY!!!!

anthonyandbeth said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the name. you're right, it fits perfectly.

you crack me up with being so laid back about the baby and how quickly he is going to be here. i think because you ARE so laid back, i'll be in complete SHOCK when you call to say he's on his way! :)

Laurel Conrod said...

Love the name...faithful and laughter. Such good OT names & meanings, not like "he who is not loved" and other interesting names bestowed on children in the Bible (I understand the point of that, but could you imagine?)! And it does fit so well with the rest of your kid's names. Congrats again to you guys and we'll be praying for a safe delivery and adjustment to your family.