Friday, July 3, 2009

Bear Hunt and Birthday Fun!

I think I'm going to be doing alot of this in the next few months. Kelli had Joseph in her lap, and over came Callie to be RIGHT in the middle of things!!!

Then it became "storytime with Mrs. Roads". Kelli started doing "Going on a Bear Hunt" and Callie and Matthew LOVED it!!!!!


Later one, we had a little "early" birthday celebration for Matthew. His 2nd birthday is July 16, but I wanted to go ahead and celebrate while we were all there. He opened his presents with quite an audience in front of him!
We got him some matchbox cars, and they could have very well been made of gold - he was so excited!! I remember when my boys (particularly Josiah) was at that stage!!!

I made him the Rainbow cake for his birthday (the one from Courtney's blog several weeks ago....BIG hit with all the kids!!!

He had a little extra help blowing out his candles.... (And please don't notice how lopsided the cake was. I realized too late that afternoon that I should have made the cake earlier...and then I only had 2 hours to bake it, cool it, and frost it before Matthew's bedtime!! It was a bit of a rush job!)

He enjoyed it - see the 6 layers???

Joseph was SO tired....I remember when my babies would get that "so sleepy" look - so precious.

Don't know if you can see it very well, but Joseph got a bit of a war wound during the weekend. Matthew came to give him a kiss, and ended up biting his toe instead. Whoops - too much love Matthew!





5 comments:

The Stein Family said...

Love the rainbow cake -- I saw that before and was going to try it, just need a reason to make a cake (thought Jonathan's birthday later this month won't be it, he already requested chocolate cake!)

Courtney said...

man...this is SO fun to look at all these pictures!!! :-)

Judy said...

Poor Joseph's tiny toe! That will be a story for his baby book! That will be a good story for him to tell at Matthew's wedding one day!

anthonyandbeth said...

the little toe bite is pitiful! did Kelly just die! love that you could celebrate Matthew! :)

Unknown said...

Happy birthday!

my panda fanatic roommate got a cute Morn Creations bag as birthday gift!
she is just THRILLED with it.
hkpanda.freetzi.com