Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy 8th Birthday (your REAL birthday!) Josiah!

I must admit, I had a hard time gearing up AGAIN to celebrate Josiah's birthday. I felt like we had celebrated already over and over....and coming right off of vacation and into a Sunday morning, I wasn't totally jumping for joy to celebrate again. We had already had his birthday party with ALL his friends before we left for vacation, had cupcakes with his class, and celebrated at my Mom's house before heading home. But I knew he needed to have a special day and so I took a deep breath and did a few little things so he knew he was loved on HIS day.


He's the only one that truly appreciates a "hot now" Krispy Kreme doughnut. Mmm. Mouth watering just thinking about it.

We had saved a few of his presents so that he had something to open.
My sweet friend Beth sent the boys matching bathrobes for their birthdays. We've never had robes - any of us. But they were BEYOND excited! They were excited to have an option other than "get dressed" and I was happy they wouldn't come downstairs in their underwear anymore!! (and since i'm posting this after the fact, I can testify that they wear these ALL the time!!)
Callie - performing with her microphone (aka wii remote)
Happy Birthday Josiah! I can't believe that you are 8 years old already. You have grown so much this year - not only physically, but emotionally and spiritually. I have been so proud to watch you grow and blossom this year. You have grown so much more confident and self-assured this year, and I am SO thankful for that. For a long time you were so shy and reserved, but this year you have really been more sure of yourself and have reached out and made some wonderful friends. You are alot like me - more naturally cautious, black and white, and a rule-follower. Those traits will serve you well, but don't ever let them keep you in a box either. Don't be so set in keeping the rules that you lose sight of loving people. God has big plans for you Josiah. Always follow Him first, and He will guide your paths and make them straight. I love you, my sweet Josiah David!

No comments: