Friday, November 26, 2010

Celebrating Thanksgiving at Tutu's

We had decided long ago to take advantage of being so close to my mom's house (our timeshare was only 2 hours away) and stop by to see her on our way home. So we checked out of our timeshare a day early and drove to her house on Friday morning. We arrived to the smells of Thanksgiving!!! She had just completed her kitchen remodel and it was beautiful!!! (Sadly, this is the only picture I got of it....I was a little distracted I guess!) All new appliances, beautiful cabinets, granite counters - GORGEOUS!
Mom and I were talking in the kitchen and completing the side dishes for Thanksgiving when we turned around and found Caleb had climbed up to the kitchen table. He's no dummy - he knows where a good place at Tutu's house is! :)
We enjoyed our Thanksgiving meal (a day late) with Mom. It was a real treat because we ate on her mother's china - Fostoria. She now has a place in her kitchen to display it, and so it was the first time I'd ever seen all of it! Very sweet memory for me. (again, no pictures...so sad)
We celebrated Josiah's coming birthday that night...

Mom found these cute little turkey ice cream desserts from Baskin-Robbins. Since Josiah was born on Thanksgiving day, we thought it very appropriate! :)

Mom has a tradition of getting all of the grandkids their very own towel for when they visit her at her house. I always love going upstairs and seeing all 4 of the kids' towels out! :)


After bathtime, Mom surprised all the kids with new jammies...
poor caleb...
there's ALWAYS a piano lesson involved when Tutu's involved :)

he looks really guilty, doesn't he? :)
i wonder how Josiah enjoyed playing piano with a bunch of kids at his feet?

1 comment:

Judy said...

Love the towel idea. So cute!!! I'm telling my mom about that :)