Friday, November 4, 2011

Pralines, PAULA, and Pasta!

Next stop on my list was the River Street Sweets shop. About a week before we left for the race, my Mom told me to be sure I ate some pralines while I was there! DUH - I had forgotten that Savannah is sort of well known for that! So this was another stop we had to make!
This is THE place. THE best. On Paula Deen's list for sure. They hand out free samples at the door. Every kind of candy confection. But the BEST pralines. Unreal. Ate only the sample they gave me and then bought the kids each a treat and me & David a treat to eat AFTER the race! :)
Not posed - I swear. Walking behind our husbands and noticed that they are twins! :)
Next up - Paula Deen's!!! We knew we were not going to be able to eat here. Sad. But the lines are so crazy long and we weren't going to be able to get our name in early enough on Saturday morning because of...well....the little race we were running in.....so we had to settle for going to her store and just peeking in the windows at the restaurant :)
Yes, that's me at the cash register...David bought me a few Christmas presents :)
Me and Paula!!! She's short! :)
I love these two girlies!! :)
The menu. Yum...

Then it was time for us to head and find some dinner. We knew that of course, every pasta place was going to be crazy busy. Everything in the city was crazy busy. There were 23,000 runners there!! We found an Olive Garden and were told when we walked in that it was a 1.5 hour wait. Ugh. That's no good. We were starving. It was already 7 pm. Needed to eat and get home and in bed. We decided to order our food to go and take it back to the hotel and eat. While Beth & I ran in the bathroom though, David snagged a table in the bar-seating area (where it's first come first served) and the next thing you know, we were sitting down ordering our food! Way to go David!! It pays to be observant!

We had a delicious dinner, ate plenty of carbs, and headed back to the hotel to get a good night of sleep. After all, we had 13.1 miles to run in the morning!! :)

1 comment:

anthonyandbeth said...

What a fun fun day! The pralines were INCREDIBLE! Paula was so fun! :-). And being with y'all was the BEST! David totally scored some points with the table at Olive Garden! We will forever be grateful for a lovely dinner AT the restaurant instead of the hotel lobby :-)