Thursday, September 27, 2007

His "Woman"

This was so funny. At our friendly, neighborhood YMCA, there is usually an older man (probably 70 years old) that stands at the door and greets everyone and gives the kids cookies or lollipops when they leave. Well, he's there every morning like we are, so my boys have really grown to love Mr. Ira. (And boy does he love on Miss Callie! - he even carried her to the van one day when I had to carry out my fit-throwing, 2 year old!) Anyways, he told us about 2 weeks ago that he was going to be gone for a few weeks because his wife was having a hip replacement surgery. So the boys have missed him, and every day, they still ask me if he's going to be back. Well, this morning we were leaving their childcare room, and Josiah says "I wonder if Mr. Ira is going to be there. Oh no, I remember, he's still with his woman." I bust out laughing - I said "Do you mean his wife?" It was so funny - two moms were behind me and they got a kick out of it too!!

4 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

too cute! i would have gotten a big laugh out of that one too!

oh, and i thought you said you had no idea about what i was talking about with my wailing two year old! :) i see you CAN relate! ha! :)

Heidi said...

What a riot!!!

I wonder if he'll step it up a notch and say to Mr. Ira....Hey man, how's your woman doing? Only kidding, hopefully not right?

Jayne said...

That's a hoot!! Grayson will never forget that man because on one of our swim days there this summer, he gave Grayson a cookie. Now Grayson talks about him as soon as we pull into the parking lot!

Kristen said...

Where did he hear that? David's side of the family?! :)