Sunday, September 16, 2007

An AWESOME Sunday!!!

And I don't use the word "Awesome" lightly!!! We had an incredible time of worship this morning at church - I just loved every song! Then we came home - well, actually, we had lunch at Moe's and discovered a new great deal!! On Sundays, Kid's Meals are only $1.00!! And it included a quesadilla (or taco or burrito), chips, cookie, and drink - what a bargain!! It was a great treat for us. After the kids were settled in for their naps, I went for a run outside for the first time!!! I've been dreading this, afraid that I wouldn't be able to run at all outside - I've gotten very used to the treadmill, being able to see exactly where I was on the treadmill display, etc. It was really good though - I was able to go 3.2 miles and only a hair slower than what I was doing inside. But it was such an invigorating run - I was listening to David's IPOD with our Kinetic praise music on it and just really digging it!! We started our Biblestudy last Wednesday, and one of the things that was mentioned in the lesson was that when our awe of God increases, so does our faith. I think that's a great statement - and very true. One of the songs that we sang this morning was "Amazed" - the lyrics of the chorus are very simple, but profound. They say "Lord, I'm amazed by You, and how You love me." I really am. Such a great, full of worship day!!!

10 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

it does sound like an AWESOME Sunday! so wonderful how you were able to see Him in everything you did today. good job on the run outside, big step, and you enjoyed it! yipee!

Jen said...

Cool deal about Moe's. I think our Bible Study may have to plan on going there one Sun. after church. Glad your Sun. was so "Awesome!"

Kristen said...

3.2!!!! That's totally MORE than a 5k. You are fabulous. I just returned from a run, too, but would not have described it as invigorating.... You shoud check out your library's CD collection. I raided mine last week for my mp3 player, but didn't have much success. Here's a tip: When the popular music section has bruce springsteen and barry manilow, it's time to upgrade.

Mandy said...

Glad you had a great day...I'm a little offended by the Barry Manilow comment...hee hee! I guess it isn't great running music (with the exception of maybe Copacabana:)

Mandy said...

Oh, by the way, Irene and I loved that quote from the Bible study too! We downloaded it and watched it on Friday night before our card game. We paused it right after that quote and had to discuss it:) That was one benefit of watching it on the computer at home (that and the fact that Irene and John brought me chicken tacos from the mexican restaurant near their house...yum. It was hilarious when Beth was talking about picturing each of us right where we are listening to this study. I had recently taken a shower and my hair was still in a towel I looked at Irene after taking a bite of a taco and said "She sure ain't picturing this!" we had a good laugh at that one:) It will be nice to be with the group this week.

Natalie said...

Go you workout queen!!! What a great run. And what a great day. I loved the message today, but sometimes I wish I could sneek over to Kinetic for your praise and worship music. I am sure it was WONDERFUL!!!

Heidi said...

Praise and Worship can sure set the tone for the day!! You guys always to so awesome up there and are such a great team. What a blessing you are to all!!

dandsratz said...

Katy, worshipe was awesome..AS ALWAYS!!!! There are certain Sunday's that your microphone must be turned up a little more, b/c yesterday I could REALLY hear your voice, and Katy--its gorgeous!!! It was a GREAT Sunday at church!

Heather J said...

Y'all always do a great job leading us in worship! I always find myself singing the songs all week long (though my voice isn't too great!). I totally feel that music can lift us up and give us a different type of energy! When I was working out (was) I always cranked the worship music!!! You are doing so well with your working out, you just MIGHT motivate me! We'll see you at Moe's!!!!!

Jayne said...

You're the 2nd ones to comment on last Sunday's service! Trevor and I missed a good one!