Thursday, September 20, 2007

FOUR!!!!

This morning I ran 4 miles!!!! Once again, I really wanted to throw my hands up in the air and scream! I was so excited. On Tuesday, I meet my friend Stephanie (my unofficial running "coach) and run with her. She made me go outside with her and she took me on a 3.2 mile loop. It was much harder than my outside run on Sunday - we went faster (she probably felt like she was walking) than I did on Sunday, and it was a loop that I had never gone on - so I didn't know where the end was!!! Anyways, we talked about how to vary up my running so my muscles don't plateau, etc, and she was encouraging me to slow down a bit so that I can increase my distance. I'd been doing 3 mi for about a month, but slowly increasing speed a bit. So today, I kept my speed the same and ran 4 miles! I was really surprised at how good I felt doing it! I thought I'd never do anymore than 3 (actually, I never thought I'd run 1 mile!) So thanks for your encouragement Stephanie, Kelli, and Kristen! I may actually get there! :)

Along those same lines, Josiah is excited about getting to run a "race" with me this Saturday. The Y is doing an "Activate America" 1 mile walk and so I thought it was the perfect opportunity for our whole family to get to go. I'd love to be able to borrow a double jogging stroller (does anyone have one I could borrow for Sat?) so that David could run WITH me. Otherwise, Josiah and I are going to do it, and David will have the little two in the stroller. Wouldn't we be a cute family all running together? We're excited - Josiah's REALLY excited. He was putting his flip flops on this morning and said "I'm going to save my new sneakers for our race on Saturday!" I'll probably be sweatier than he will be!

So we're off to a good start. It's been a long week already. Some very trying afternoons with the boys, David's been gone each night for different things, lots on our plate. Last night I was in bed at 8:30 pm - I just couldn't handle anymore. It felt good to have a FULL night's sleep like that, and the gym topped off my therapy! I feel much more in control of things today!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

wow!!!! GOOD JOB! and you won't be able to stop...you'll do 4 for while and then 5...and 6...

Kristen said...

You are amazing! I'm completely impressed with you. Feels like just yesterday you were running around Lake Braddock. And I can't believe you said jogging stroller. That made me laugh. Don't want to offend everyone but you sounded like someone not in their 20's. :)

Heather J said...

I feel like your next blog you are going to be training for a 1/2 marathon! You go girl! Hmm, do I want to go running.... Nope!!

Unknown said...

You will have that 13.1 down in no time. HALF MARATHON HERE YOU COME!

Jayne said...

Way to go Katy! Trevor and I were talking about you the other day. I was commenting on how great you were looking and Trevor was commenting on your commitment. If you can get to the Y every day with 3 kids, I can certainly do it 3 times a week with 1!!!

Heidi said...

Great job Katy!! Consistancy is the key for sure. Keep it up!!

For future notice I do have a double jogger but Craig has to fix one side because a pole is coming thru the fabric.