Thursday, August 16, 2007

Success!!


What fun I had at the consignment sale on Wednesday morning!! I was able to leave all 3 kids at home with David and go shop in peace! It was fabulous!! I was able to find some clothes for Josiah for the fall - the big score was a few pairs of pants for that ever-growing boy's legs!!! Jacob & Callie were fine with clothes for the winter (thanks to sweet Mandy blessing me with some more of Sadie's clothes to borrow!) I was able to get some things to stash away for Christmas, which I was thrilled about (some new games & books). I got the boys each a new Rescue Hero (we LOVE these!) and then I found 2 new superhero costumes for them to play in. You ALL know how much they love to dress up and play superheros!!! They were adorable!!! I was very excited! I go to volunteer on Saturday morning and then I get to celebrate every one's joy as they checkout!! :)


We got to have Beth over for dinner last night. She's in town helping her sister Grace, who just had a baby girl yesterday (Savannah Grace). She and Jackson came to eat with us, and Jackson got in on the costume action!! What fun! We met them at the pool this morning to swim and it felt great!! We're back up close to 100 degrees again today, so the water was so refreshing!!!

8 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

look at those boys! aren't they just the cutest super hero's ever! We had a GREAT time last night for dinner (thank you David for the homemade icecream!!) and it was delicious! If Harrison only new what he missed he would be heart broken! :( Thanks for joining us at the pool this morning, although I don't feel like I said two words to you!! Have to pay close attention to two non-swimming two year old's who want to run in completely different directions!!! :)

Jayne said...

Glad you found the sale a success. I glanced at the costume rack, but just knew that I wouldn't find what I needed as Grayson has already made up his mind about what he'll be this year. Isn't it only August!? We weren't quite so successful this time-1 game and 1 puzzle. You must have taken all the good stuff katy!!

Mandy said...

Looks like lots of fun at your house:) Jake still dresses in his superhero costumes too...nice to know they got more than a one time use. Glad you found some good stuff at the sale. I found some cute things for Sadie, but it was "slim pickins" for Jake. I agree, you probably got all the goodies for that size:) Oh well. He got a good jacket and some brand new pairs of sweatpants with the tags still on. I'll have to make sure to get in on the consigning action early in the spring so I can shop early too:) Hope y'all have a great weekend!

dandsratz said...

What fun you had, for sure, Katy!! After hearing from Jayne that it wasn't worth the trip this year, I was worried about you, so I'm SOO glad to read that you hit the jackpot like you did! FUN FUN FUN! The boys look adorable in their new costumes!

Natalie said...

Does this look familiar or what?!?! The boys flipped when they saw this picture!!! What a great find at the sale. Looks like your week has been adventurous and lots of fun. I hope you enjoy your last few days with Dave before school! Hugs.

Heather J said...

Awesome! We'll have to get the boys together & Anderson will have to bring his Superman costume!!! Anderson has his mind made up for Halleleiuah harvest - he wants to be Spiderman!!!

Linda Williams said...

Beth told me that Jackson had had a ball at your house with your boys and does this pix ever prove that! How cute! Isn't imagination wonderful.....Put on a costume and you can be anything you wanna be! And all those boys are SUPER HEROES!
Love,
Linda Williams

Vonda said...

Oh my word...this pix Katy is precious!!! Beth had told me about the costumes and they all look just so cute! Josiah really looks like he's getting into his role and Jacob and Jackson are like, "Okay so now that we have these costumes on...what are we supposed to do???" :) One day you can show this pix to their future wives. Priceless! Love -V