Saturday, August 4, 2007

Saturdays...and Multitasking




It was a lovely Schrodt family Saturday today! It started off great for me - I got to get my haircut!! Always a lovely, relaxing hour for me without any children! I had to reschedule it from when David was out of town, so I'd been looking forward to it! When I got home, David and the boys took a trip to the dump and then finished "recovering" the lawn. It was sorely in need of "real" mowing and edging (of which I did NOT do while David was gone - duh!). They did a great job getting it back in tip-top shape!! Hopefully we've redeemed ourselves in the eyes of our neighbors. I was able to finish up cooking for one of my clients while the kids took naps and then we headed to the Y for a swim!! The other real reason is that they had a "Survivor Luau" tonight and so they fed us fried chicken and BBQ! What a great way to end a Saturday! David even got volunteered to play in a game (which of course his team won!), so it doesn't get any better!!! The only bummer of the day is that our softball game is at 9:00 pm tonight, so David didn't get to play again because he has another gig tonight at 10 pm. Playoffs next week though!!! Go team!


Okay, so now just a side note on the multitasking part. Has anyone else ever nursed a baby, helped a 2 year old wipe his bottom, and killed a fly with a flyswatter before? All simultaneously of course? I impressed even myself - and Callie never stopped nursing!! Hilarious. I've done it all now!

5 comments:

Heather J said...

You've definitely taken 'multi-tasking' to a whole new level! I'm not sure I want to even attempt all those things at once - I have a hard enough time trying to get to the ringing phone while nursing (I always forget to grab it & keep it near!)!!! Wish we knew about the fried chicken & bbq - we found ourselves at the Mt Trashmore pool tonite.... no food provided there....

Courtney said...

wow...that's some SERIOUS multi-tasking! incredible!

Heidi said...

I think you just took your super woman powers to a whole new level...what we moms manage to do to keep a house and kids functioning. Do you ever feel like an octopus. I do...just need more than 2 arms:)

anthonyandbeth said...

Wow! You go girl! I'm pretty impressed reading what you were able to do all at once. That's REAL talent! :) The cookout sounds like fun. I'm sure you guys loved the Survivor Theme and how fun that David got to participate! Who doesn't love a free cookout! Perfect! So glad you were able to get your hair cut. I'm sure you look beautiful! :)

Jayne said...

What a great family day and you got in some Katy time to boot! Is Jacob looking older in that picture or is it just me?!