Okay, so Beth tagged me over a week ago, and I'm just now getting around to it!! She wants me to post 8 random things about myself that people may not know. I feel like my brain hasn't been still enough to even process this request, but I'll give it my best shot!!!
1. My full first name is just Katy. Not Kathy, not Katherine, just plain Katy. I am constantly being called Kathy, because most people think that's what it should be when they see it spelled with a "y" instead of "ie". Bizarre. And my maiden name was Maxfield, and I was constantly called "Maxwell". Annoying that people can't just say what they see!!!
2. I wear contacts and am practically blind without them. One day I'd love to do the lasik surgery and be done with it, but I may have to win the lottery first. When I first started wearing glasses in 4th grade, I had ugly brown ones (I'm sure I thought they were cute at the time). The next year I had to get new ones and I picked these bright red frames that I loved! My favorite show at the time was "Life Goes On" - does anyone remember that? I thought I looked like Kellie Martin on that show with her red glasses.
3. I didn't lose my first tooth until 5th grade - and then I only lose 2 teeth. The orthodontist/dentist had to pull the rest of them because they were taking forever and it was time for braces!!!
4. By age 19, I had finished my Bachelor's Degree and gotten married!! Crazy, isn't it? I met David my first semester of college (he was there in seminary) at Liberty and knew immediately that he was IT! I called my family and told them and of course they thought I was NUTS! From their perspective, I was 17 years old, away at college for a month and already talking about marriage. I would have a heart attack if Callie did that to me!
5. My oldest sister, Kim, used to pay me to let her do my hair. She LOVED playing with hair, and I was a willing participant!! She did my first perm too (did EVERYONE get a perm in 7th grade?)
6. I often punch the bed/pillows when I am dead asleep. I've done this since I was a child (no hidden trauma, just bizarro!), and warned David about when we got married. It's totally random and I still do it every now and then. David's Master's degree in Psychology has done him no good in figuring this one out. He keeps telling me he's going to send me to a sleep center to be analyzed!!!
7. Although I don't do it as much as I'd LIKE to, I LOVE to read - especially Christian fiction. My favorite author as of late is Karen Kingsbury - amazing books!!! If you've never read any of hers, pick up the Baxter series and you won't be sorry!!
8. For someone that loves food and loves to cook, I'm sort of a picky eater. My mom always tells me I should have been a caterer, but I don't like enough "gourmet"-type foods. I love everything about food - reading about it, watching it, cooking it, even shopping for it - but just have a bit of a texture hang-up about certain things (for example, don't like watermelon! It's practically just water - I know!)
Okay, so that's 8 things. Probably everyone already knew that, but it's all I could come up with today. So now I'm tagging Jayne Hoare, Courtney Cassada, and Jenn Gorrie! You're it!!