Monday, August 27, 2007

My 8 Things (I hope I can think of that many...)

Okay, so Beth tagged me over a week ago, and I'm just now getting around to it!! She wants me to post 8 random things about myself that people may not know. I feel like my brain hasn't been still enough to even process this request, but I'll give it my best shot!!!

1. My full first name is just Katy. Not Kathy, not Katherine, just plain Katy. I am constantly being called Kathy, because most people think that's what it should be when they see it spelled with a "y" instead of "ie". Bizarre. And my maiden name was Maxfield, and I was constantly called "Maxwell". Annoying that people can't just say what they see!!!

2. I wear contacts and am practically blind without them. One day I'd love to do the lasik surgery and be done with it, but I may have to win the lottery first. When I first started wearing glasses in 4th grade, I had ugly brown ones (I'm sure I thought they were cute at the time). The next year I had to get new ones and I picked these bright red frames that I loved! My favorite show at the time was "Life Goes On" - does anyone remember that? I thought I looked like Kellie Martin on that show with her red glasses.

3. I didn't lose my first tooth until 5th grade - and then I only lose 2 teeth. The orthodontist/dentist had to pull the rest of them because they were taking forever and it was time for braces!!!

4. By age 19, I had finished my Bachelor's Degree and gotten married!! Crazy, isn't it? I met David my first semester of college (he was there in seminary) at Liberty and knew immediately that he was IT! I called my family and told them and of course they thought I was NUTS! From their perspective, I was 17 years old, away at college for a month and already talking about marriage. I would have a heart attack if Callie did that to me!

5. My oldest sister, Kim, used to pay me to let her do my hair. She LOVED playing with hair, and I was a willing participant!! She did my first perm too (did EVERYONE get a perm in 7th grade?)

6. I often punch the bed/pillows when I am dead asleep. I've done this since I was a child (no hidden trauma, just bizarro!), and warned David about when we got married. It's totally random and I still do it every now and then. David's Master's degree in Psychology has done him no good in figuring this one out. He keeps telling me he's going to send me to a sleep center to be analyzed!!!

7. Although I don't do it as much as I'd LIKE to, I LOVE to read - especially Christian fiction. My favorite author as of late is Karen Kingsbury - amazing books!!! If you've never read any of hers, pick up the Baxter series and you won't be sorry!!

8. For someone that loves food and loves to cook, I'm sort of a picky eater. My mom always tells me I should have been a caterer, but I don't like enough "gourmet"-type foods. I love everything about food - reading about it, watching it, cooking it, even shopping for it - but just have a bit of a texture hang-up about certain things (for example, don't like watermelon! It's practically just water - I know!)

Okay, so that's 8 things. Probably everyone already knew that, but it's all I could come up with today. So now I'm tagging Jayne Hoare, Courtney Cassada, and Jenn Gorrie! You're it!!

9 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

I love your 8 things! I bet you looked sassy in those red glasses! I would have let Kim play with my hair too! I love that, still!!! I didn't realize you were 19 when you got married! I knew you were young but never discussed age, I guess. My mom got married at 19 too! Even though I know you as well as I do I feel like I know you even better! Thanks for humoring me Kathy Maxwell Schrodt! You're the best! :) It's actullay been fun to read everyones! :)

Jamie said...

I loved Life Goes On, it was one of my favorite shows! Kellie Martin just always looked so cute, especially in her glasses. Can't get enough of the Baxter Series by Karen Kingsbury, those books are just wonderful. Wow!! I didn't know you got married at 19 either, I guess when it's right you just know!! I enjoyed reading all about you.

Unknown said...

I loved that show, too! I think we all wanted red glasses just like her.

Another Christian writer that is fabulous is Susan Meissner. Her Rachel Flynn series is quite good.

And, one more thing, I TOTALLY relate to the name thing. Our last name is Zayac..sounds JUST like it looks and NO ONE ever gets it right! Drives me nuts. It is basic phonics, really. I almost named my blog It is Z as in Zebra, because I always have to say that after someone asks me my name.

Heidi said...

Oh yes, I was obsessed with the Baxter series and am finally all caught up until the next one releases.

Definitely remember Life Goes On and loved that too. Brings back memories.

I was your older sister Kim, loved doing everyones hair and of course love mine being played with still to this day. Yes, I too had the perm in 7th grade and looked like a total dork looking back.

Heather J said...

I bet girls were scared to invite you to sleepovers!! Thats so funny about your teeth!! oh blah dee oh blah dah life goes on, whoa.... I loved that show!!! Where is she now? I think I got my dreaded perm in 6th grade and have been 'perm'anently scarred ever since. Loved reading your 8 things!

Jen said...

I think you did a fabulous job on your list of 8. I had no idea you and David got married when you were 19. I hadn't even dated anyone seriously by that age. Does David say that he knew you were the one right away too? I was also an avid Life Goes On fan. I was just thinking about her the other day because she does Lifetime movies occassionally. Thanks for sharing all these exciting facts.

Ohh...Did you see the recipe in Sunday's paper for Paula Dean's Mac n Cheese. I still have it if?you want a copy, but I thought you probably already have it.

Heidi said...

I just had to comment again, I thought I was the only nerd in the whole wide world that didn't like watermelon. Craig would always tell me too that it's just water. You and I can sit together at picnics. I still sometimes try so hard to like it so I'm not left out.

I forgot to say too, does David have to wear football gear to bed so you don't beat him black and blue:)

Jayne said...

Don't even get me started on names please!! A first grader read my name as Mrs. "Whore" and loudly proceeded to call me that the rest of the day much to my chagrin. I honestly almost didn't go out with Trevor that first time because I didn't want to be known as Mrs. "Whore". ANyways, loved your 8 Katy adn thanks for the "tag". Who started this crazy thing?

dandsratz said...

Katy! I'm finally reading everyone's "8" today, and I loved yours!!! I learned so much about you!! And, I think I'm the only one who probably has never watched "Life Goes on"....wow...not sure I even have a clue what it is!! :) I've always had a time with spelling SCHRODT...you and your names!! :) It gives you the wonderful qualities that you have!! Love to you!