Thursday, August 23, 2007

38 Elephants!!!

(I'll preface this by saying that this post is mostly for Kelli!!!)

So some big milestones for me with my workouts this week! When I got the Y yesterday, I had a message from my trainer saying how proud he was of me for being so consistent these last 8 weeks, meeting my cardio goals and strength training goals, etc, etc. Then there was another message saying that I had lifted over 300,000 lbs to date - which is the equivalent of 38 elephants!! Isn't that hilarious!!!

Then today I finally got past the 3 mile mark!! I got really close on Monday and have been pushing towards it all week. Today I finally made it - I was so proud I thought I was going to scream out loud!! I did 3.17 to be exact!! I think I'm actually going to look at doing a 5K soon. Who'd have thunk it? Thanks Kelli, for not giving up on me. I think I'm actually almost a runner now! :)

8 comments:

Jayne said...

It does make you step back when you look at the summary and see how much weight you've lifted. It really encourages me and makes me feel good, like I've accomplished a lot! Good for you Katy! Keep up the hard work and kudos to you for identifying yourself as one of "those" people-a runner!

anthonyandbeth said...

Good Job! You're doing great! You're sisters are going to be SO proud of you! Maybe you'll be able to meet them for a marathon weekend someday. :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations for lifting all of those elephants! That is great. Thank goodness working out makes us feel so much better, or we would never do it! That is quite a feat. Good for you!

Courtney said...

wow, Katy! i'm so proud of you! you have a TRAINER - very cool!

dandsratz said...

Katy--I can hardly comment on this!! Seeing that I NEVER work out, and when I do, it makes me feel tired--contrary to what EVERYONE says that it gives you more energy! Ha! But GREAT job for lifting so many elephants! You are very proud of yourself, and that is super!!!

Jen said...

You go girl. I give props to anyone that can run, I just can't do it. Speaking of 5Ks - there is one in Oct. at 31st street for breast cancer. My cousins are running for Joe's aunt who is battling breast cancer. I think we are going to go and do the walk, there is also a kids walk so they can be involved too. Just thought I'd mention it!

Natalie said...

Great Job!!! You can totally tell that you are losing weight and getting into great shape! You look phenomenal:)

Heather J said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment - thats fantastic!! Now you've earned that deep fried mac & cheese!