Thursday, August 23, 2007

Girl time!!!

After my big workout this morning (yea, me!!!), we had our friends Jake and Sadie come over to play. Jake and Josiah are about the same age, and Sadie is 1 1/2. Callie let out the biggest squeal when she saw Sadie - I think she was thrilled to see another little girl!! Sadie seemed to enjoy the baby too - I think she thought Callie was a baby doll!! We had a great time - I enjoyed catching up with Mandy a bit and keeping the kids out of too much trouble! :) Mandy took some pictures of the kids (they were all in costumes again!!), and said she'd send some to me. My camera battery finally refused to charge anymore, so I've got to buy another one. Until then, text only blogs for me, I guess!! Bummer!

I finally feel like we're getting back into our normal routine. Jacob asks where David is about 10 times a day - we get very used to have him home more with us during the summer, and Jacob is having a hard time adjusting to him being back at work. Other than that, we're getting back into our routine. Storytime and biblestudy starts back up in 2 weeks, which we're VERY excited about. So another successful morning! :)

5 comments:

Jayne said...

I know exactly how that is when little boys get used to daddy being around. Trevor has been out of the house/office more than usual since July and Grayson definitely notices. I love that he misses Daddy though! It makes their time together the highlight of Grayson's day and puts a great big smile on Daddy's face to know how much he's loved!

anthonyandbeth said...

so glad Callie got some girl time! She needs little girl friends! I'm sure the boys do miss Daddy. My boys are so used to Anthony being at home everyday that they really feel like something is wrong if he's not home. I'm sure it's warms David's heart to know he's missed!

Mandy said...

We had a great time too, Katy! Thanks so much for inviting us...I hope we didn't leave you with too much of a mess. Jake is so excited about trading costumes with Josiah. He's already worn both of them twice since we've been home:)

dandsratz said...

What a fun, fun morning ya'll had, for sure! I know you are so thankful for the great days ya'll had over the summer with Daddy home! Treasured time, for sure!

Heidi said...

It's always fun to have at home playdates. Kids get to play and mommies get to have friend time. Glad you had a great time!!