Wednesday, June 20, 2012

14 years later....

This was us 14 years ago.   Fresh out of college (well, I was), David was signed to a record deal and travelling full time with Brother's Keeper.  Young, fresh faced, and so excited to begin our lives together!

 I don't know about the young or fresh faced part, but we are still so thankful to be living our lives together.  David pulled out our wedding album to show the kids.  (I used to always keep it out on our coffee table....until we had kids....now it's in a box up on a shelf in our closet :) ).  He showed them our pictures from the wedding and their comments were hilarious.  They thought we looked just the same.  Josiah asked if it was very comfortable wearing my white dress and David in his tuxedo.  Then the boys were astounded to hear that I was 19 years old!  (I quickly shouted out that I had graduated from COLLEGE with my 4 year degree and that's the only reason I was allowed to get married at 19 :)....)
 Found Caleb in the other room playing play-doh...I guess pants were optional....

David headed off to work, and the kids and I...
 headed to the used-to-be-free-but-now-cost-$1 movies to see Dolphin Tale!!  It was great - we all loved it!!  We didn't go to any of the free movies last summer - Caleb was at too difficult an age where there was no way he'd sit through a 2 hour movie - but I figured he would do well this year.  I was right - he loved it!  :)  Kept asking where the "bleeding dolphin" was!  If you haven't seen it, go see it!  Of course, now the kids want to go see "Winter" (the dolphin) when we go on vacation in Florida....

We met some neighbors at our pool after the movies, had some Subway for lunch (Callie and Caleb are eating a TON these days....reminding me of Josiah...uh oh) and swam for a few hours.  Came home for an hour and half - long enough for a quick nap for Caleb - and then back in the car to head up to church for choir practice.
 Because it was also the first day of summer, Sonic had their milkshakes half-price all day, so we all got one on our way to church...I was sort of hoping it would count as dinner (it didn't...the kids...all 4 of them...were quick to point that out).  
They were delicious though - all 5 of us agreed!  :)  It was a really fun day - with my kids....kind of funny considering it was my anniversary!!!  :)  

1 comment: