Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ready for Pool Time!

Callie's new bathing suit!! Isn't it the cutest? Target had all their suits on sale, and I bought her a regular one, but couldn't resist this one with the rash guard on it! Plus, I thought the two pieces may make potty training easier....at some point this summer....sigh.
Saturday was a good day and a hard day all at the same time. David has been one of the assistant coaches for Track & Field at school this spring. He has really enjoyed it - he's enjoyed coaching the kids, and it's been a great way for him to get some of his runs in during the week without spending extra time after one of his two jobs! :)
Anyways, they had their first meet on Saturday and it was up near Richmond, so he was gone all day. I knew about it, and wasn't super excited about it. After all, he's leaving in a week and I'm a little posessive of our time left with him. But we made the best of it. We had a big pancake breakfast and then went to Target. I had to get a few birthday gifts (and Callie's bathing suits), and they did great. We walked over to Babies R Us and I picked out the baby book for Baby #4 - that was fun too! :) Afterwards, we decided to head out to a playground that we don't go to often because it a little further away, but is so much fun! We were the only ones there, and we all had a great time. After lunch and the younger 2 went down for naps, Josiah and I played some games together. I kept thinking all day long "this is what it's going to be like. Even on Saturdays. Just us." Sort of overwhelmed me a bit. Even though the kids were doing great. I just was feeling emotional, and overwhelmed at having to be their "everything" for this period of time. After naptime, we headed to the Y to swim in the indoor pool (and try out Callie's new suit). We had a great time, and everyone was in bed and asleep by 7:30 pm.
David got home not long after that, and he had a great time at the meet. The kids did great and really enjoyed themselves. So it was a good day and a hard day all at the same time. I'm finding myself looking ahead and wondering what the coming days and weeks are going to be like. I'm trying not to worry about it, trusting God's timing, and knowing that this is the best solution. My mom said it best the other day - she said that the kids are going to be fine - they'll keep going on in their normal routine, with their world pretty much the same (except that david will be gone). it will be hardest on me. Faith-building I think! getting emotional here these days...

4 comments:

Courtney said...

i can't imagine all that you're feeling...and extra pregancy hormones to boot! praying for you, friend. God KNOWS...

anthonyandbeth said...

OH Katy, if ever I wish I still lived there! I'm sure it's going to be a very emotional time. I don't know what it's like to have your husband gone for an undetermined amount of time but I do know what it's like to have him gone. It's not easy but I know you can do it. I know the kids will be fine. I know there will be people there who will look for ways to bless you. I may just have to make a trip! :) Praying for you!

Judy said...

I love the bathing suit! I just got something similar for McKenna for the summer. I love the little shirt b/c it means less suntan lotion to have to get on that wiggling little body!
I can't imagine how emotional this is for you! Being pregnant alone is enough to send me over the edge :) But you have so many people who love you and are praying for YOU! I know that you will look back at this season of life and see God's hand so clearly guiding each of your steps! Let people bless you and minister to you. I know I wish I was there to do it!! Love you!

The Stein Family said...

You can do it -- I'm getting to be a pro at this single parent thing and if I can do it, so can you. It'll just make you and David that much more appreciative of each other. And what you're mom said, so true...Julie told me roughly the same thing as we were moving out here to CA, knowing Chris would be gone so much. She reassured me that my worries for the kids in Chris' absence were essentially that 'my' worries. Kids are resilient...now if you could just bottle up some of their extra energy to keep you going :)