Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Last 5:30 AM run!

Another goodbye this morning. I've been meaning my friend Stephanie at 5:30 AM (it was 5:15 AM when I was in training) on Tuesday mornings for the last....well, I don't know how long. More than a year, probably more like two years. We'd meet in the dark and run our 6 or 7 or 8 miles (or 5 like the last two weeks since i'm sooooo slow now). This morning was our last run. Because I won't be able to leave my sleeping kids with David while I go out and run. It was sad. We're going to try and work out another morning to run after I do school drop-off, but it's not going to be the same, or probably as consistent.

She is moving in May (her husband is retiring from the Navy), and she has been such an encouragement to me. We've both been going through the same chaos these last couple months - job hunting, house selling, etc - I have been so thankful to have someone that totally knows exactly how I'm feeling. I'm going to miss her.

No comments: