Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Our Week So far

Last night was Josiah's Ice Cream Party for all the new students. He (and Jacob too) very much enjoyed the ice cream sundaes. Callie took one bite of her chocolate ice cream and refused it. I'm really starting to be concerned that she really doesn't like chocolate! What in the world! Anyways, it was a very low-key night. He got to talk with his teacher for a few minutes and have confirmed that there are 18 boys and 2 girls in his class. She said they are going to do lots of fun boy things - it will be a very active class, I'm sure!! We have the real open house on Tuesday where he'll get to go in his class, see his name on things, etc. He's getting more and more excited though - I am SO thankful for this!
At the last minute, we decided to join some friends today for some "bouncing" and "jumping" fun. The kids had a GREAT time - so did the mommies! I didn't realize I had my camera in the diaper bag until the end, so I only had a few pictures. Oh well - it made for great naps today at our house! I'm trying to really maximize my time with the kids this week. And trying not to be too emotional about the fact that this is the LAST week where I'll have all 3 of my sweet babies at home with me.



4 comments:

Mandy said...

Glad he had fun at the ice cream social! Looking forward to the open house...did you mean Thursday, or do you have something different tonight for new students? I'm just making sure I have my days right...if its tonight, we're in BIG trouble:)

Courtney said...

i feel kind of bad for those 2 little girls in his class...

anthonyandbeth said...

it would be tough to be one of the only two girls in the class. they'll probaby get a lot of attention from the teacher though b/c she'll feel like she needs to compensate for the fact they are surrounded by boys! they'll have no other choice but to be BEST friends! :) hee hee! josiah looks like he's enjoying that ice cream. and i'm so happy that he is excited. like we have said before, such a blessing to not have them kicking and screaming and holding on for dear life! it's tough for a mommy to let go but must be even tougher to have to force the child to go to school. he's going to do AWESOME and love every minute of it i'm sure! :) have fun partying this week. it is monumental but it's not the "end" of all fun times as it may seem. :)

Jen said...

18 BOYS - holy cow! I don't know what I would do as the teacher. And what's up with Callie and chocolate - that's just not right. Glad the week is starting out great!