Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy 39th Birthday David!

We lucked out this year - David's birthday fell on a Friday, so he got to be home to celebrate it since it was his day off!!  Starting off with birthday donuts of course...


 The kids were SO excited and wanted to let Daddy open their presents for him before they headed off to school.
Looking at the card that Callie made for him... 

 Josiah made him a bunch of coupons for him to use...the hilarious thing is that most of them were about Josiah!  For example, movie night with Josiah, game night with Josiah, go to the bookstore with Josiah, see a movie in the theatre with Josiah - it was the cutest thing ever!  Any guesses on what Josiah's love language is?  :)  Quality time for sure!
 Jacob gave David his rubiks cube (of course, David has his own, but....)  Jacob said he knew that Daddy likes them and so he wrapped up his own to give to him.  Sweet hearted boy.  (I had to keep Josiah from bursting his bubble....the logical one Josiah thought that was ridiculous :) )
 We went to Firehouse Subs for lunch so he could enjoy his FREE birthday sub - yum!
 Callie fell asleep on my lap like this in the afternoon....poor thing...she was worn out from all the celebrating!
 In order for David to find his birthday present from me, we sent him on a scavenger hunt...
 It was so much fun - the kids totally loved leading him around the house trying to figure out the clues with him.  At the end he found my gift to him - tickets to the Cirque Du Soleil Michael Jackson show next week!!!  I had gotten a fabulous deal on them on Leap Day back in February and had been keeping the secret since then - it about killed me!  We were SO excited!  :)

Happy Birthday David!  I am SO thankful that God brought you into my life all those years ago at Liberty.  I love that you are a man seeking to know and love God more, serving Him completely wholeheartedly.  Thank you for leading our family with wisdom and love.  I love you more today than I ever thought possible and look forward to the next 50 birthdays together - although I don't know how many more candles will fit on your cake!  I love you!


No comments: