Thursday, December 23, 2010

What we've been up to...

I know I said I'd never get this behind again. But it happened. It's been a busy few weeks. Let's see, since the last time I blogged, we had a karate birthday party for Josiah, planned a Thanksgiving party for Kindergarten that we weren't even going to be there for, went on vacation to Massanutten, went to a Safari zoo, played at an indoor waterpark, saw my Mom's brand new kitchen (gorgeous!!!), enjoyed Thanksgiving, directed my first children's musical (AMAZING!!), kids were IN their musical, sang in the Adult Christmas concert, planned & helped with two Christmas class parties, finished Christmas shopping, organized a Happy Birthday Jesus party/caroling outreach at church, and then made it to this week!! School is out, and I had plans to do all kinds of very fun things this week. But then....




....it all came to a screeching halt on Monday when Josiah came down with strep throat. And then Wednesday when Jacob got it. And then today when Callie got it. And Caleb has an ear infection! So that's what I've been up to. Tomorrow is "our" Christmas because we are leaving at o'dark thirty on Saturday morning to drive to Florida for a week. David is assembling the boys' new bikes (so far, so good - after a minor "issue" that he had with the brakes), I've been packing food and games for our trip, and I'm getting ready to fill stockings!! Merry Christmas everyone. I promise I'll catch up soon!




4 comments:

Heather said...

LOVE that you got four smiles in that first pic...i KNOW how hard that is! i'll be praying for healed kiddos and that yall don't get it...seems like every family i know has the stomach bug, sinus stuff, or strep going through everyone this week:(

sandi said...

so far we have been spared any sickness... i probably should not have written that!! sorry ~ i know it is a bear when ev-er-y-one is sick at the same time. have a great time in florida! sam said to tell josiah "MERRY CHRISTMAS".

please tell david to NOT mess up the brake system...

Judy said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry everyone got sick. That is just the worst and especially at Christmas time. We're all sick over here too, but it's just minor. No doctor visits yet!!
You have certainly been busy. Thanks for checking in with all of us via your blog! I've missed hearing from you. I hope you have have a wonderful time in Florida! And I hope the bikes got put together. We had a minor assembling issue this morning with a battery powered scooter, but I guess sometimes it's just good to read the directions :) and maybe not wait until Christmas Eve (because it sort of sent me into a mini panic). All is well!!!

Merry Christmas!

anthonyandbeth said...

i miss you! love the pix of the kids. i miss them too. :( need a fix soon...i haven't seen them since July!!!