Friday, December 17, 2010

Rank Testing

On Friday night, both of the boys had qualified to test for their next belts in karate. Since I missed their first rank testing when I was in Myrtle Beach for my half-marathon with Beth, I was very excited to go and see them test for their new belts. There are lots of cardio benchmarks that they have to achieve in order to pass to the next level. The first test is for all of them to run a mile. Jacob was very nervous about this - it was the first time he had to do this part of the test. They did a GREAT job though! Next, it was time to go inside and do more of the cardio tests. They had do certain punches, hits and kicks for 3 minute intervals. I would have passed out, but they hung in there!



I see some boys getting sweaty! :)

Caleb was pretty intrigued - seemed to be rather fascinated by it all!


Here's how Callie entertained herself during the testing :)

Both boys had to perform their kata

...and they did a great job and passed!
Waiting for their new belts
Congratulations Jacob! He passed from yellow striped belt to solid yellow! And got promoted up to the same class that Josiah's in! (Hooray for me - that means we only have to go 2 days a week instead of 4 days!!) :)

Congratulations Josiah! He passed from solid yellow to solid orange belt!

No comments: