Friday, December 3, 2010

stockings and...eggs!

Stockings are hung by the chimney with care....
Watching the first Christmas movie of the season...


And I went to Sam's and bought a few eggs! 15 dozen to be exact. My mom and sister thought I was totally nuts when I told them...and I'll admit, it sounds like a LOT! But I knew I had a LOT of baking ahead of me, and I was so tired of having to buy more eggs EVERY time. So I decided to conduct and little experiment and see exactly how many eggs we'd go through in 3 weeks (that was how much time we had before leaving for Christmas vacation). Pretty funny right? (Well, again, since I'm posting this AFTER the fact, I can tell you that when we left for vacation, we had ONE egg left! Can you BELIEVE that? Hilarious! I seriously need chickens in my backyard or something!)

1 comment:

Judy said...

The eggs are hilarious! I think I need a cow in my backyard. We go through milk like crazy!!! How much is a gallon of milk where you live?? I'm curious. In Pa it's about $3.40 per gallon. In Md it's about $2.69 per gallon. Isn't it funny that there is such a price difference? So needless to say I always buy our milk in Md. (since we live about 4 miles from the state line).