Sunday, December 5, 2010

Back to the Manger!

What an amazing semester I have had with these precious children! Back in the middle of the summer, our church pianist told us that she was leaving Northside to play organ at another church in the area. She also had been in charge of the children's choir, so her leaving left a tremendous void. After much discussion and prayer, I agreed to take over her position. I had no idea what I was in for! I have never been so tired on Sunday nights in my life. :) But it has given me so much joy. I have LOVED teaching these children about music and about the Lord over these last several months. We had a BLAST working on this musical - it was so much fun doing the songs from all these past decades! I posted some of the videos onto facebook and they are hilarious! Since I was directing, I didn't get to take any pictures of my own! :(

We performed the musical on Sunday morning in both morning services. It was a HUGE deal to take over the morning services (it's always been performed on a Weds. night or Sunday night). I felt strongly that the whole church body should see what their children are learning - and it was a HUGE success. The kids did a wonderful job (performing it twice, and back-to-back was a LOT to ask of them) and the church body LOVED it! We had a RECORD attendance that morning (and I still have people coming up to be months later telling me how much they loved seeing the children in their musical!). What a priviledge to serve these children in this ministry!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

i prayed for you so much during those weeks! i KNOW you did an AMAZING job!