Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Enough events already!!

So now that I'm finally finished posting all the events of our life the last month, have you missed just hearing the boring, mundane stuff? Probably not - it's probably been a welcome change from hearing about laundry, spilled milk, poopy pants, tears, spankings, etc!!! Well, just so you don't completely forget about all those JOYS that I get to deal with on any given day, today's extra bonus was that my car battery was dead!! Keep in mind that it was dead on Saturday, and so we bought a new one and David put it in. Car didn't start AGAIN today - fun times - which obviously changed my day. Thankfully my neighbor let me borrow her car to pick up Josiah or he would have had to ride the bus home from school. Something he's never done and would have completely - and I do mean completely - fallen to pieces. (Note to self....this is probably like the buying lunch thing at school...it's a "life skill" that he probably needs to learn just in case of emergency...like if a car doesn't start or something). After David got home and he was unable to jump it, we called the tow truck. David took the boys to basketball practice and I stayed home with the little ones to greet Mr. Tow Truck driver.

Mr. Tow Truck driver arrived an hour later and told us that it's simply the battery terminal - not something worse like an alternator, etc, etc. Hopefully we'll be able to get it taken care of in the morning. Doesn't that make for an exciting day??

On a happier note, I just watched an episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition while I was feeding Caleb before bed. I just love that show. I can't watch it without crying. It is so good to see people being a blessing to others who really need a blessing! My little dead car battery is nothing compared to what a lot of people struggle with every day. I have SO much to be thankful for!!

3 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

so maybe that's why i couldn't get you on the phone. :) SO sorry about your van! what a bummer but glad to hear that it won't be something really hard to fix and hopefully not too expensive. it's true...we can always be reminded of how much there is to be thankful for! love you friend!

The Stein Family said...

Must be something nt he air - My van's battery died just after Christmas too -- WE had to be jumped several times on our trip home from Phoenix, so thoguht it would be great to replace it before I was stranded on my own with 3 kids somewhere - Hopefully yours is a quick and easy fix tomorrow.

Courtney said...

yay! (not about your car battery...) but that you're caught up! and everyone is back on track! it's amazing how vacation/holidays/etc gets everyone out of whack, huh??