Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Very Accomplished...

I'm feeling very accomplished today. Yesterday and today I was able to knock out 6 errands that I had to do (in the span of 2 blocks of time between feedings!) - and 3 of them were returns which can turn horrible in a matter of seconds with a newborn, a 2 year old, and a 4 year old with you. Somehow, we managed to do well and finish them all up this afternoon - ahhh! Feeling good!

It's nice to be getting back into the routine. Tonight is the last night of someone bringing a meal to us - that has been a HUGE blessing. I don't say that lightly. To know that several nights a week I didn't have to even THINK about dinner - it was a big help for me. But we're starting to get back to normal around here. Caleb is doing well and really settling into his little routine. He's been doing a 5 hour stretch of sleep, then wakes up to eat, and then goes another 3-4 hours. It's very helpful that David is able to take Josiah to school several mornings a week. I got the other 2 kids signed up for storytime at the library, so we're back in that groove. It just feels good to have normal life starting to come back!! Last night, David came downstairs after putting Caleb in bed and said we had 4 sleeping kids at 8 pm!! Good stuff!! :) We're getting there!!!

3 comments:

Alden and Dorian said...

Katy, you are doing FANTASTIC! I love the "lift" I "hear" in your "voice" ~ it is GREAT to get back to somewhat normal, whatever that is after having 4 kids, right? :) Love staying in touch through your blog. Love you.

Courtney said...

oh, friend. i KNOW what you mean! it's so GOOD to feel some kind of normal, right??

The Stein Family said...

Awesome -- it's amazing how little things become big accomplishments once kids are in the mix. I can't waitt o get back into our routine!