Saturday, February 9, 2008

Weddings & Parties

A lovely Saturday here today - our last day of the mild weather that we've enjoyed all week. It was beautiful running this morning (11 miles - woo hoo!) - it has been such a tease having this almost-spring weather here in the midst of winter. I know it's not here for good!!! :)

This afternoon we were able to go to a wedding at church for a friend of ours, Brittany. She babysat for our boys quite a bit and asked David to sing in her wedding today. She looked absolutely beautiful and radiant. It's always so fun going to weddings - it makes me want to pull my pictures out and see them again. It was fun reminiscing with David during the rehearsal yesterday and ceremony today about what we were thinking when we were there 10 years ago! And how you can explain to a bride that it is possible for her to be even more in love with her husband 10 years and 3 kids later??? I don't know, but I sure do!

Tonight our small group had a Valentine's Party with another small group and it was so fun! We had to leave early (probably before all the conflict started because we left right at the beginning of a round of Newlywed Game!), but had a blast while we were there. Lots of VERY yummy food, great fellowship, and just a fun evening out with all the grownups!!! Sue will post the pictures on her blog (believe it or not, a GREAT group picture was taken). We had a great time!!! David's off on with his rockstar band singing tonight, but at least we were able to come for the first part!!!!

A very fun Saturday indeed! :)

6 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

does sound like a wonderful Sat.! 11 miles!!! amazing!! glad to hear you made it last night, was wondering and curious how it all worked out! practically three dates in one weekend...what could be better than that??? :) can't wait to see the group photo of everyone!

the mccollums... said...

Yeah for weddings...though I would never ever want to plan another wedding again unless its my daughters, I'm over it!! :) ha ha...I do love going to them though. You are right...even for me, I love my husband more 7 months later then before...Its amazing. :) I'm blessed to read your words that it is even better 10 years and 3 babies later!!

11 MILES...you are smokin' up the sidewalks!!!

Jen said...

Sounds like another fun-filled weekend at the busy Schrodt household. Glad you guys made it last night, it was so much fun!

Mandy said...

Sounds like a very fun and full Saturday! You all are so blessed with your care group! It is wonderful how close everyone is and that you guys are always doing things together.

Jayne said...

I'll never tire of going to weddings! I loved my own and I love going to them. I've often wanted to go just go to a random wedding, sit in the back, not sign the guestbook, and just enjoy! Crazy I know.

dandsratz said...

I know I already told you this, but I WANT TO GO TO A WEDDING!!!!! That is the PERFECT Saturday afternoon!!! Oh, the romance of it all!! :)