Saturday, February 23, 2008

Just 5 words....

...12 miles in the rain!!!!

Won't say anything else about that...cold, wet, yuck!!! Still a decent time though (2:02 - yes, that's 2 HOURS of running), and just glad it's behind me!!! It was funny - I was talking to my sister/trainer this afternoon, and she said she loves when it rains for her long runs because it keeps her cooler (she's in FL) - but here, the rain makes it too cold!!!

David had a hi and lo in my mind today during my run - he's always so great about keeping the kids entertained and occupied on Saturday mornings for these long runs. Plus, he drives out the night before to determine my course and leaves my Gatorade for me. Well, the "hi" for him came when I came to my first Gatorade stop - at first I thought it was someone else's because there was something written on the cap. But as I got closer, I saw that it said "runner", and I thought "how sweet - he wrote that on the top so no one would pick it up and throw it away thinking it was trash" (it happens!!). The lo came when I continued on my course that he plotted and saw that he made me run right past Chick-fil-A!! Oh, those chicken biscuits smelled so good!!!

11 comments:

Heather J said...

I love the gatorade stops, that's a great idea. Wow, 2 hrs of running -whew that's amazing. The only thing I can do for 2 hours these days is SLEEP!

the mccollums... said...

WOW...Katy...12 miles!!! GIRL...you are inspiring! I can't believe that David goes out and leaves you Gatoraide...I just told Daniel thats what David does ...what a great husband you have! I found an online pedometer that you can click your course and it tells you your milage...but I think David doing it the night before is the best!! http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

We ran 4 miles the other day and it began to rain sleet on us...but it didn't pour, just a little rain/sleet mix...it was FREEZING! You are AWESOME!!

Jen said...

What a man - I didn't know he did that for you - that's great! March 17th I think you should hit Chick-fil-A to reward yourself for a job well done!

Natalie said...

Holy cow, just thinking about it makes me tired. You are phenomenal is all I can say.

Tiffany said...

Katy, that is awesome. I have tried running several times and have struggled...you go girl!

dandsratz said...

Katy, that is SOO fabulous!!! And how completely sweet of David to leave your drink like that!!!!

anthonyandbeth said...

who is Jason? way to go Katy! 12 miles is AMAZING!! so sweet of david to leave you gatorade and determine your course! i love that! :)

Heidi said...

Cold, wet, yuck...but you did it girl. That's all that matters!!! Yee Haw!!!!!

Yeah, who is Jason...I wanna make some $ too:)

Judy said...

Just 5 syllables.... "Unbelievable!"

I can't believe you ran 12 miles!!!

Jayne said...

Katy, I saw that Chesapeake is doing the Dismal Swamp Stomp 1/2 marathon in April. Are you up for that one too??!! And no that's not an invitation to run alongside. It's still all I can do my 1 1/2 at the Y. I'm so proud of your commitment. Running is contagious, so I hear, so don't get too close!!!

Mandy said...

Very cool. BTW, I now understand why you're doing word verification on your posts...getting to blog for the Pilot about the State of the Union Address must have attracted all the weirdos to your blog page.