Friday, February 22, 2008

Please pray....

One of my sweet friends from college, Judy (you can click on her blog from my page), just had her 2nd baby on February 9 - McKenna. The day after she was born, Judy got pink eye in the hospital. Now, the whole family (including Judy's husband and 2 year old son) have the flu. McKenna was admitted to the hospital last night and Judy stayed overnight. Please pray for quick healing for all of them - particularly for Judy & McKenna. We all know how hard and exhausting just having a new baby is - much less dealing with the flu on top of it!! Thanks for your prayers, girls! I know she'll appreciate it too.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

I'll definitely be praying! When it rains it pours sometimes huh? She's going to be one tough lady coming out from this trial!

Courtney said...

oh no! i TOTALLY feel for her! keep us updated!

Jen said...

Poor things - no fun. We'll be praying.

the mccollums... said...

katy, love it too that we all can be in prayer and connected...its like an online, virtual bible study/community 24/7...:) I hope and pray that Judy is having a better day...hopefully McKenna will be home tonight but I haven't read any latest updates! Have a good weekend to you my friend!

Jen said...

Guess what - I know Judy too! Didn't know you knew her at LU. We were in Education classes together. So I just left her a long post. I love this blogging thing!

Heidi said...

We definitely will keep them in prayer.

Judy said...

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us!! Isn't the "body of Christ" so great?!! It's a blessing to know that other mommies who I've never met have been praying for my sweet little girl. We're home now. McKenna still has some issues; she still weighs less than she did when she was born and she refuses to nurse so we have to force feed with a bottle every two hours (this makes sleep a little hard to come by). McKenna is also really congested so I have to do saline nose treatments (which she hates) and then I have to suction her nose...every four hours. We head back to the doctor on Monday.
Thanks again for thinking of us and praying for McKenna!! Make sure you check my blog to see some cute pictures of McKenna in her hospital gown!

anthonyandbeth said...

i'm glad they seem to be doing a little better. what an AWFUL start! i hope things start looking up for them soon! isn't it awesome that we can pray for each other, even when we don't know each other! i know judy feels very blessed to know there are people praying for her new little girl and her family to stay well. what a blessing!