Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday Morning...

Monday mornings always seem to start off with a bang, don't they? We were awakened at about 1:30 AM by a crying Callie. Poor thing was just miserable. I would hold her and she'd be okay for a few minutes and then start crying that really pathetic, hurting cry. She finally went back to sleep a little before 4 AM. I called the pediatrician and made an appointment for this morning. Last week, she had a low fever a few days and got a bit cranky over the weekend, but her bottom tooth also broke through (finally! - 1st tooth at almost 11 months old). Anyways, once sleep is interrupted, it's off to the doctor...we can't mess with our sleep!!! I'm happy to announce that taking 4 kids to the doctor is possible and actually went rather well. For once (God just knows what I can handle I think), the boys colored while waiting for Dr. Gerbus and got along very well. Carter & Callie were rather entertained by each other, and we did just fine. It turns out that there are no ear infections, so it's just the teething pain I suppose. And actually, while Dr. Gerbus was examining her, I noticed that the second bottom tooth popped through also. Thankful that the kids did well, thankful that we are all healthy - no flu here - and thankful now that it's over, we're home, and the kids are all asleep! What a morning! :)

10 comments:

Jamie said...

Way to go supermom! I had a hard time taking my two kids to the doctor this morning, Ryan just doesn't want to seems to sit still while I try to talk to the doctor. Glad that Callie's ok, hopefully she'll get a good nights sleep tonight. Get some rest yourself!

anthonyandbeth said...

i guess it's baby orajel for callie tonight! :) poor thing! glad she is well and that the visit went smooth with all four...your getting practice for the real thing! :)

Heidi said...

Holy Cow!!....I know what it's like taking two sometimes. I suppose 2 3 4 of the little rascals....what's the difference right?

Judy said...

Boy oh boy can I relate to the sleepless nights right now!! I'm glad it just turned out to be teeth with Callie!! She's probably going to get a pile of teeth now that they've started to come in, so hopefully they won't all be so painful. Poor girl...I'll pray for her tonight!

Jayne said...

You must have Carter while Heather works her 3 days as I see you've mentioned him a couple times. This I didn't know! Just goes to show that what people say must be true-after 3 kids you might as well have a whole slew of them. It's easier after #3, and you did it so well with 4, at the Doctor's Office!!

Heather J said...

I'm so glad my little man didn't 'push you over the edge'!!! So glad to hear that little miss doesn't have an ear infection - those teeth!!! Anytime my kids are fussy I think, "oh- they must be teething!!" You are definitely SUPERMOMMY!!!!!

Jen said...

That teething stuff is hard work - not looking forward to it. Glad nothing else is wrong and you all made it home. It would have been ashame to lose one of those cute kiddos!

Natalie said...

Glad it was nothing to serious, and glad you got some sleep, even if it was later:)

dandsratz said...

What an eventful morning, no doubt!! I'm so glad that little Callie is alright, and its just those teeth!

Mandy said...

Glad its just teeth...still sorry she's not been her normal cheery self. Hope she's feeling better soon!