Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Marine Corps Marathon!

Kelli - still smiling at Mile 13!
My two little Marines saluting at the Washington monument!
Josiah took this picture! :)
Melissa & Kelli - winners!!!
They put this on the back of their shirts - very cool!
This was on the way to the race that morning - very excited racers (and sleepy children!)
This was at Mile 1!!!
Kristen and Josiah waiting at Mile 13 to see Kelli & Melissa
Callie stealing kisses from Tutu!

Wow - what a day!!! An amazing day - very inspiring, very exciting. Kelli & Melissa did great. Kristen and Mom were a HUGE help with the kids. All in all - just an amazing experience. SO glad to be a part of it. Way to go Kelli! You are an inspiration to me! :)

5 comments:

Courtney said...

so many fun pictures you got this weekend! love them!

anthonyandbeth said...

i bet you all were so proud of Kelli! maybe you'll be running with her next time. :) looks like a very fun day!

the mccollums... said...

I love the pics...I'm inspired too!! I hope to run a 10 miler this spring but I have never run a race before...and so I have started to train a bit. I would like to do the Rock and Roll at VA Beach in August but also want to do the Cooper River run in Charleston...maybe a half marathon after that? Are you training for a specific race? I hate running but I am determined to do a race something this year.

dandsratz said...

Katy!! You'll be our winner running in it next year!!!

Katy...totally off the subject....you & Beth KILL me!!!! Everytime I have to take my "Eye Test" and remember the crazy letter sequence in order to leave a comment on your page!!!! It drives me NUTS NUTS NUTS!!! ha!! :)

Jayne said...

WOW! It makes me tired and my body ache jsut to think about running like that!!