Tuesday, October 23, 2007

David Saves the Day!!!

David was the hero this morning!! As I was getting the kids ready to go the Y this morning, we headed out the door and I put the kids in the car. I then headed back inside to get Callie's cereal (which I had left on the counter). After closing and locking the door behind me, I got into the van only to discover NO KEYS!!! When I headed back inside, I put my keys on the counter and then left them there!! I had my cell phone in my hands (which is normally already in my bag), and I just sort of assumed it was my keys when I locked the door. anyways, all the windows and doors were securely locked (as they SHOULD be, except when you're locked out!) Thankfully, I did have my phone so I called David and asked him to come rescue me. School hadn't started yet, so he raced home and unlocked the door for me. Hopefully someone only had to cover his first class for 5-10 minutes (I'm sure the students were thrilled!) So we were late to the gym, but we made it! David saved the day!! Oh - and he came home from work yesterday with a surprise for me - he's been tutoring 4 students after school for the last 4 weeks and had saved all that money to surprise me with!!! Sounds like I need to be planning a GREAT date night to reward him!!! Thanks honey - you're the BEST!!!

9 comments:

Judy said...

God is so good to bless you with such a great husband!! I have learned that this is not something that should be taken for granted!!! It's good to be reminded to thank God daily for the men of integrity and character that he has placed in our lives!! Ryan had to come to my rescue two weeks ago when Christian cut his head open and I was freaking out about it. Ryan came home from work just to make sure everything was okay and to help me clean up the blood that was EVERYWHERE (you know how heads can bleed)!! A little drama is always good for life and it gives you something new to blog!!

Mandy said...

Poor Katy! Been there, done that. I think Keith has had to come home to let me into the house twice since we've lived here! So good that David could come to the rescue! I was so thankful for Keith being nearby (and not out of town) on the occasions where I was in trouble! Its a good thing you had Callie's breakfast at least! She probably wouldn't have been very understanding about the delay:)

Courtney said...

wow! yea, a date night is DEFINITELY in order! now you just both need to be in the same place for a couple weeks so you can do it! :-)

Jen said...

Another perk to working close to your home. These things are bound to happen every once in awhile. At least Callie wasn't in the house with the keys!

Heidi said...

Absolutely a date night is in order!!! I will volunteer to take your little munchkins so you won't need to pay a sitter. I'm serious, so set it up girl!!!

the mccollums... said...

i could have been worse...right? Yeah, for David! Judy is right...we are so blessed to have wonderful husbands! I ready your blog sometimes and Im like, wow, what is it going to look like 7 (or whatever it is) years from now married with 3 kids...glad to know that he still surprises you and rocks your world!!

anthonyandbeth said...

yeah for David! so glad he was able to rescue you! plan that date night! i'm sure it'll be fun! :)

Jayne said...

How great that school was soo close! I could have done the trips for you if you needed. You know you can call whenever something at the last minute comes up-keys or water pipes!!

Natalie said...

Goodness gracious...I think I would have cried:) So glad David could come to the rescue!!!